Whats the most exciting way to win a fight..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats the most exciting way to win a fight..
Next Page »
POLL: Whats the most exciting way to win a fight?
standing punching KO 19% (11)
Head kick/ knee KO 46% (26)
GNP KO 9% (5)
Broken bone sub 16% (9)
Vicous beat down (beating crap out of the other fighter) 7% (4)
nutt punch (sorry lol) 4% (2)
shackle
2/13/07 3:22:39PM
Poll

**mods/admin** you should allow us to add more options to a poll :) Also can something be added so we can edit polls?

If something else tell us about it.
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 12:53:12PM
While all are exciting ways to end a fight, I am a traditionalist and went with the standing punch, so many good choices...

Franklin / Quarry

Wandy / Saku

Big Tim / Gan McGee

First three that popped in my head... The list could go on and on
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 1:34:08PM
Crazy poll...

my fav. way to end a fight is Tito Ortiz style GnP KO

or Triangle choke
waylon_o
2/14/07 1:36:50PM
I'm going with knee to the head...flying knee preferably
hippysmacker
2/14/07 1:39:11PM
Barring Tank's Ko's I'll take a slam. Hughes/Newton. Rampage/Arona my 2 favs. Randleman's suplex of Fedor was amazing in it's height. Even more amazing Fedor survived it and subbed him right after.
RichBoy
2/14/07 1:47:58PM
Most excitng way to end a fight is with a Broken bone sub. I just love seeing people bones break in many different ways lol
madmarck
2/14/07 1:50:43PM
Is it just me or to Flying Knees and Head Kicks rule the world of MMA?????
I was gonna make a HL video of them both but its hard to get videos of Flying knees so its just head kicks now.
madmarck
2/14/07 1:52:45PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Barring Tank's Ko's I'll take a slam. Hughes/Newton. Rampage/Arona my 2 favs. Randleman's suplex of Fedor was amazing in it's height. Even more amazing Fedor survived it and subbed him right after.

That actually is the greatest comeback in MMA IMO. Who else could get slammed like that and then act like nothing happened.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 1:57:56PM

Posted by hippysmacker

ahhh...Hippy...

smart...the infamous SLAM!!!

why didnt i think of that?

i take my answer back.....Slam is definatly the best!

aceprone
2/14/07 1:59:33PM
I enjoy most of these beside nut shots and broken limps. Fighters should just tap, it will save them more in the long run. But I prefer any of these endings expecially when someone is getting dominated and pulls a sub, a reversal, knockout, when they're hurt the most. Examples:

Hughes vs. Trigg
Edgar vs. Tyson (I know he didn't win, but that last ditch effort for the knee bar was amazing).
Tim vs. AA
Cro Cop vs. Nog

The willingness not to give up is what makes a finish more exciting, no matter if it's a knockout, sub, or ground and pound IMO.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 2:03:28PM

Posted by aceprone

I enjoy most of these beside nut shots and broken limps. Fighters should just tap, it will save them more in the long run. But I prefer any of these endings expecially when someone is getting dominated and pulls a sub, a reversal, knockout, when they're hurt the most. Examples:

Hughes vs. Trigg
Edgar vs. Tyson (I know he didn't win, but that last ditch effort for the knee bar was amazing).
Tim vs. AA
Cro Cop vs. Nog

The willingness not to give up is what makes a finish more exciting, no matter if it's a knockout, sub, or ground and pound IMO.

Hughes vs BJ penn 2....2nd round,when Hughes was GnP-ing on BJ and he escaped and got his back and locked on that kickass triangle choke!

if BJ would of ended that fight right there it would of kicked major ass and a perfect ending!
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 2:28:10PM

Posted by aceprone

Hughes vs. Trigg
Tim vs. AA
Cro Cop vs. Nog

For the shock factor and how much abuse he took in the 1st... CC / Nog was one of my fav fights all time...

I agree with your point though... It is always exciting to see a fighter come back from a losing situation to pull out the win...

On a side note: I'm having trouble remembering, but Saku had a great comeback in a fight... I think he might have actually been KO'd but the ref didn't stop it, pretty sure it was Pride, but may have been K1???... Anybody, know what I'm talking about??
hippysmacker
2/14/07 2:49:44PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by aceprone

Hughes vs. Trigg
Tim vs. AA
Cro Cop vs. Nog

For the shock factor and how much abuse he took in the 1st... CC / Nog was one of my fav fights all time...

I agree with your point though... It is always exciting to see a fighter come back from a losing situation to pull out the win...

On a side note: I'm having trouble remembering, but Saku had a great comeback in a fight... I think he might have actually been KO'd but the ref didn't stop it, pretty sure it was Pride, but may have been K1???... Anybody, know what I'm talking about??

It was in k-1 vs Smirnovas I beleive.
Manfred
2/14/07 2:59:04PM
I picked broken bones because it was the only one that had subs.

I actually prefer a sub that came out of nowhere (A.Silva.Chonan) or as a comeback (Kimo/Royce, Randleman/Fedor)
tamarslay3
2/14/07 5:14:43PM
I have always dreamed to knock out some one just by throwing fists i have to go with that
Dadaman
2/14/07 11:19:25PM
Nothing, absolutely nothing compares to the sweetness of a flying knee to the grill or an epic head kick. Think Fischer on Wiman, or Edwards on Thompson people.

That being said, a come-back submission is also ******* beautiful. Like Sakuraba on Smirnovas or Nogueira on Filipovic. I wouldn't really call Ryo Chonan's heel hook a come-back. In my opinion Ryo was actually controlling the pace of the fight.
shackle
2/15/07 8:26:07AM
I have to agree flying knees are pretty damn exciting.

I should of included slam KO's instead of nutt punchs

Oh well.
Stickan
2/15/07 8:35:05AM
When somebody gets choked to sleep...

Since that wasn't an option I went with vicious beatdown. Gotta love em all though.
tomp6581
2/15/07 9:36:21AM
Shogun style Stomps!!
BloodandTears
2/15/07 10:37:22AM

Posted by tamarslay3

I have always dreamed to knock out some one just by throwing fists i have to go with that

Best place to catch them is in the jaw. When I was 13-16 I would punch the nose, try to water up the eyes so that the opponent would have a tough time seeing. Once I got some power and learned how to pivot into a punch I found that it didnt matter if your Mike Tyson or PeeWee Herman, If I clip you on your jaw just right your gonna drop. This will cause the nerve endings in the brain to shut down thereby making your opponent see stars. Fake left throw right = Shattered jaws and a sure KO~
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 10:57:25AM
Leg kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my second fav. after a slam

nothing better than taking the fight out of your opponent and make them quit due to leg kicks...CroCop/Yoshida...

i just wish i could see more of them often!

so its

1.Slam
2.Submit due to Leg kicks
3.Triangle choke(better if they go to sleep and dont tap )
4.Brutal GnP
5.Brutal knees in the clinch
BalledBull
2/15/07 11:21:18AM
I always like to see a guys eyes roll from a deveststing punch. A Ko for sure and my fav would be a fist to the jaw!!
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 11:22:50AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Leg kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my second fav. after a slam

nothing better than taking the fight out of your opponent and make them quit due to leg kicks...CroCop/Yoshida...

i just wish i could see more of them often!

so its

1.Slam
2.Submit due to Leg kicks
3.Triangle choke(better if they go to sleep and dont tap )
4.Brutal GnP
5.Brutal knees in the clinch

I like your list, so it got me thinking...

1. Slam: Page / Arona (honerable mention to Hughes / Newton)

2. Leg kicks: Ruas / Varlens (wasn't a submission, but watching ruas chop that big man down was something else)

3. Triangle: Personally loved Tanner's triangle of Lawler back in UFC 50 and I know it's reletivley new, but I liked J-mac's triangle on Herman too

4. Brutal GnP has to go to Fedor / Nog

5 Knees: Wandy /Rampage 2 (kinda obvious)
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:16:45PM
Its gotta be a Knee,Elbow,or stomp Chute Boxe style!
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/17/07 3:34:42PM
i gotta go with standing armbar sub. Like Sato did
Rampage_Soldier
2/17/07 11:42:58PM
Flying knee to the head, Soccer kick, slams, tapout in any choke hold while half-asleep like Chris Leben when his arm twitched indicating a tapout when he fought J. MacDonald at 66
hathcock32
2/18/07 1:49:07AM
throw in the towel (the mercy rule)
Taylor8766
8/8/07 6:31:30PM
I think a standing war that goes the distance and is a razor close decision like when Griffin/Bonnar fought or Huerta/Garcia
iwannabesedated
8/8/07 7:30:48PM
Gogoplata Diaz Style
Mastodon2
8/8/07 7:52:43PM
I like to see a win come by KO or TKO, after a bit of really precise striking. One hit KOs and wild power shots are ok, but I like to see really classy, sharp striking, with finesse aswell as power. Think Cro Cop in K-1, or in his fight against Hunt, against say Shogun or Wanderlei. It's all good, but I like to see that crisp striking!
Pages: [1] 2