Whats up with CroCop?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whats up with CroCop?
chris91301
7/2/08 2:13:02PM
Is he fighting again anytime soon? Every fighter goes through a slump, time for him to come back.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/2/08 2:15:04PM
didnt Mirko have a fight w/ either JLB or Schlitt coming up in a couple months?

or was that just rumor?
DCRage
7/2/08 2:28:03PM
DREAM 5 on the 21st, he's supposed to face LeBanner. Afterwards he's hoping to return to UFC.
nickcuc547
7/2/08 2:51:14PM

Posted by DCRage

DREAM 5 on the 21st, he's supposed to face LeBanner. Afterwards he's hoping to return to UFC.

i hope he comes back, the ufc needs him desperately.
Violence108
7/2/08 2:58:16PM
yeah i hope he comes back too, Cro Cop is one of my fav fighters i want him to do good in the UFC, and win his DREAM 5 fight by left high kick!! lol
Mattchoo
7/2/08 3:54:01PM

Posted by Violence108

win his DREAM 5 fight by left high kick!! lol

That seems to be his problem. He is reliant upon it too much, you count the amount of times he could have used his hands in his ufc fights, then look at how many times he did.

Hardly any, instead he tries to set up a kick and gets pushed around such as in the Kongo fight..

Cmon crocop!!! use them hands!!

goatse
7/2/08 5:59:58PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DCRage

no they dont.
chrismithers
7/2/08 6:04:40PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DCRage

no they dont.

you are just a stuck up UFC fan who only likes the UFC. true MMA fans only! Mirko will be hopefully back at the UFC i love seeing him fight.
buckndro
7/2/08 6:39:20PM
yea for sure wanna see cro crop back into the UFC he is a hell of a fighter might have lost last few while in UFC but hopefully the time away prepared him
cmill21
7/2/08 6:51:03PM
He's acctually not planning on coming back to the UFC right away. He plans to fight JLB(may be overeem instead), then he wants to fight Sergei and Fedor. I have acctually been told he will not come back to the UFC until he gets his rematch with Fedor. I know for a fact that the first fight he will have in the UFC if he comes back will be Gonzaga.
prozacnation1978
7/2/08 10:04:56PM
i see him coming back next year as well as arlovski
RMFG_187
7/2/08 11:15:32PM

Posted by cmill21

He's acctually not planning on coming back to the UFC right away. He plans to fight JLB(may be overeem instead), then he wants to fight Sergei and Fedor. I have acctually been told he will not come back to the UFC until he gets his rematch with Fedor. I know for a fact that the first fight he will have in the UFC if he comes back will be Gonzaga.

and i still say, if CC gets his confidence back, he would KO Fedor. JLB will be a tough matchup. both tough kickboxers, with tremendous KO power. as much as I want to see CC do a left high kick to the jaw, I think JLB will be too much to handle. unles CC has his JJ up to a level where he feels confortable on the mat. he wanted the grappling match with Gracie, and I think he wanted it to show how good his Jits has gotten after training with Werdum.

as much as i hate to say it, JLB by UD

if CC wins its by Sub.
cmill21
7/2/08 11:36:53PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by cmill21

and i still say, if CC gets his confidence back, he would KO Fedor. JLB will be a tough matchup. both tough kickboxers, with tremendous KO power. as much as I want to see CC do a left high kick to the jaw, I think JLB will be too much to handle. unles CC has his JJ up to a level where he feels confortable on the mat. he wanted the grappling match with Gracie, and I think he wanted it to show how good his Jits has gotten after training with Werdum.

as much as i hate to say it, JLB by UD

if CC wins its by Sub.

I would have agreed a few months ago. Now that Cro Cop's back with Marijan I think he'll be back to a level where he can compete and beat JLB. Either way I don't think anyone will take it to the mat, both are proud kickboxers and if it did go to the ground it would be due to a knock down and someone trying to finish via GnP.
hotrodttt
7/3/08 3:44:43AM

Posted by cmill21

And he'll Win by Devastating Left High Kick on Gonzaga
Pookie
7/3/08 4:04:23AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by cmill21

And he'll Win by Devastating Left High Kick on Gonzaga

i can picture it now, Gonzaga winds up with his lumbering right HK but before it lands, cro-cop throws his much quicker and more technical Left HK which lands as gonzaga's right foot is in the air creating the most brutal KO ever seen... or at least thats what i hope would happen.

Figsak
7/3/08 1:38:29PM
Cro Cops always been a bit undersized for the HW division, and he's always had 1 big gun that he overused. I think it's just gotten to the point in his career where running around loading that left leg isn't gonna work anymore. Unless he drops a WC, or does a major overhaul to his fight style, I think he's done. The man is 34yrs old, I think it may be too late in his career to do either of those with much effectiveness.

Great guy, MMA legend, on his way out.
cmill21
7/3/08 4:34:52PM

Posted by Figsak

Cro Cops always been a bit undersized for the HW division, and he's always had 1 big gun that he overused. I think it's just gotten to the point in his career where running around loading that left leg isn't gonna work anymore. Unless he drops a WC, or does a major overhaul to his fight style, I think he's done. The man is 34yrs old, I think it may be too late in his career to do either of those with much effectiveness.

He's 33, and his hands are as good as his feet. He's just been mezmerized by trying to give people that big kick. If he used the same stratagy against GG that he used against Coleman we woulden't be talking about this because he would have destroyed him.
Figsak
7/3/08 9:29:29PM
He'll be 34 in 2 months... And he has no confidence in his hands. The only time I've seen him be willing to stand and trade is when he's fighting non strikers. Anytime a striker comes after him he jogs around the ring/cage to stay away from them.

Anytime a fighter comes after him, he becomes a slow paced boring fighter who spends the whole fight running and setting up a big kick that never comes.
imanidiot777
7/3/08 9:34:58PM
Mirko should come back to the UFC they need more names in the HW division although they have some up and coming talent that could turn out nice. I don't see Cro Cop contending though because I think the new influx of super-sized and super-fast wrestlers like Cain Velasquez and Brock Lesnar will be able to beat him with enough stand-up defense to get him down.
cmill21
7/3/08 10:40:22PM

Posted by Figsak

He'll be 34 in 2 months... And he has no confidence in his hands. The only time I've seen him be willing to stand and trade is when he's fighting non strikers. Anytime a striker comes after him he jogs around the ring/cage to stay away from them.

Anytime a fighter comes after him, he becomes a slow paced boring fighter who spends the whole fight running and setting up a big kick that never comes.

You don't know alot about him. He was a boxer coming into k-1, he developed into a much better kicker. He has the utmost confidence in his hands. He was going through a rough time, changed trainers 3 times, had mental troubles(not unlike Chuck) and wen't from fighting guys he respected like Fedor, to guys he was supposed to kill like GG and Eddie. Tough to get up for a fight when you've fought the best of the best in K-1 and mma, IMO thats why there are so many upsets, guys aren't taking people as seriously as they should. As for standing and trading, why would he do that when his footwork is 10x better then any of his opponents and he can get people to try and chase him getting them off balance and over extended?
warglory
7/4/08 12:13:16AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Figsak

He's 33, and his hands are as good as his feet. He's just been mezmerized by trying to give people that big kick. If he used the same stratagy against GG that he used against Coleman we woulden't be talking about this because he would have destroyed him.

Except for the fact that CroCop didn't train in the cage or with elbows which undoubtedly guaranteed Gonzaga the victory.