whats next for Coleman and Bonnar

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » whats next for Coleman and Bonnar
scobac
7/12/09 10:51:10PM
What does the playground think is next for these two? Im dissapointed in Bonnar for not being able to do anything, but more dissapointed in Coleman for being a blanket. I hope the UFC dosnt show Bonnar the door for getting layed and prayed to death and hoping I dont have to watch another Coleman blanket party in the UFC.
mentalcase
7/12/09 11:00:23PM
firstly bonnar will never be shown the door, the performance he put on the TUF finale will keep him in the UFC even if he losses 10 fights in a row

the could give coleman Krzysztof Soszynski

bonnar cantwell
ncordless
7/12/09 11:15:53PM
I think they should match Bonnar with Chuck Liddell. If Bonnar has to stay on contract, then at least he can provide some use by getting Chuck one last spectacular KO. They both are in a rut. Let one of them get out of it.

I don't know what I'd do with Coleman. Maybe have him fight the loser of Nog/Couture just for history's sake. Otherwise, I guess they could make a battle of old vs. young and have him likely get destroyed by Jon Jones. That would probably be really sad to watch... and I have already seen Coleman go into way too many fights horribly outgunned. The guy is a UFC hall of famer, so I hope they treat his last part of his career with respect. It would be a shame to see him thrown to the wolves at 205. If they throw him in there with someone with good takedown defense and some heavy hands (or even just someone with cardio) he is probably going to look pretty bad. A fight with the likes of Rampage, Forrest, or even Jardine is something that should not happen.

TimW001
7/12/09 11:52:19PM
Neither should be in the UFC at this point.
MMA-San
7/13/09 12:01:08AM
I don't agree with you at all.
kopower
7/13/09 12:01:24AM

Posted by ncordless

I don't know what I'd do with Coleman. Maybe have him fight the loser of Nog/Couture just for history's sake. Otherwise, I guess they could make a battle of old vs. young and have him likely get destroyed by Jon Jones. That would probably be really sad to watch... and I have already seen Coleman go into way too many fights horribly outgunned. The guy is a UFC hall of famer, so I hope they treat his last part of his career with respect. It would be a shame to see him thrown to the wolves at 205. If they throw him in there with someone with good takedown defense and some heavy hands (or even just someone with cardio) he is probably going to look pretty bad. A fight with the likes of Rampage, Forrest, or even Jardine is something that should not happen.

I agree. Let's be serious. Coleman is not making a run at the title and hopefully the UFC and himself recognize this. He has 2 fights left on contract right? Maybe give him 1 more middle of the road fighter who he matches up well against and for his last fight, either Couture or Nog.

I am disappointed with Bonnar. I know he was coming off an injury and facing a legit prospect in Jones, but I can't believe how Coleman controlled him on the ground. I know he was going for subs but his takedown defense needs some work. They might have to start feeding him some fighters from tuf or recently signed fighters from smaller organizations. Maybe my expectations of him were a little high after the fight with Forrest. Maybe I was high
Irish_Pride
7/13/09 12:20:14AM
I would really like to see Mark Coleman go out with a real great fight against someone in his league. He deserves to go out with a bang. Stephan Bonnar on the other hand, I have no clue. I was really dissapointed in his performance against Coleman. I really thought he would dominate that fight but I guess my expectations were too high. Maybe he could fight a guy like Houston Alexander or James Irvin. I know Irvin is fighting in 102, maybe they could fight after that.
The_Ho_Bag
7/13/09 12:23:03AM
i honestly had a feeling he was going to take him down : because look at what coleman taking down Rua at will.

i would want to see coleman vs randy just for SaG
prozacnation1978
7/13/09 2:58:35AM
bonner made coleman look good
bonner maybe a jake o brien or brian stann

coleman against say a cro cop would be cool or stay at 205 and fight chuck lidell
Nightmare27
7/13/09 9:38:51AM
Yeah that was a disapointing performance by Bonnar. It doesnt get much lower on the ladder than Coleman. He might get cut, it sad but true.
tmas
7/13/09 12:55:47PM
he isnt gonna get cut, the ufc will give him 3, 4, maybe even 5 losses straight just for putting the UFC on the MAP. They may eventually cut him to send him a message and let him go get the fire agian. If he is cut i can gaurentee you 100% he will be back if he wants to the UFC will give him as many chances as possible.