Whats next for Carwin?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats next for Carwin?
MriIlluminati
7/4/10 12:28:56PM
With all the big UFC HWs (Cain, JDS, Roy) locked up, except for Mir who he just beat, who is next for Shane Carwin?

I was thinking Rothwell or Kongo any other ideas?
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 1:01:30PM
Well kongo is rumored to be fighting travis browne, I wouldnt mind seeing him against rothwell, let those big boys go at it.
noahgenda
7/4/10 1:13:59PM
loser of jds/roy, they arent locked up for a long time, they fight in a month. the winner will be locked up waiting for lesnar/velasquez tho
sclasclemski
7/4/10 1:57:08PM

Exactly what I was thinking...then get Big Nog a win...have Big vs winner of Shane/Loser JDS/ Nelson and Boom next contender.
jae_1833
7/4/10 2:09:25PM
How about just cut to the chase and have Carwin vs Big Nog right now....I'd watch that fight for sure!
sclasclemski
7/4/10 2:10:37PM
thats true...they are both coming off losses.
sbulldavid
7/4/10 2:27:28PM
I don't think Nog takes a punch the way that he used to , he would get murdered in the first minute by Carwin.
jae_1833
7/4/10 2:37:19PM
With that logic I don't think Carwin can defend a sub to save his life so maybe Nog gets the choke in the first minute.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 2:52:31PM
LOL...thats funny Jae, HOWEVER...I do think Nog would get Ko'd against Shane...I don't think he would be able to get the takedown on Shane and Would get hit by one of those uppercuts and take a nap.
ChrisSabal
7/4/10 3:32:59PM
I like Carwin fighting Big Nog next. I don't want them to give Carwin a wimpy challenge and Carwin knock the guy out in a minute. Or they can give him Bisping I would love to see Bisping get crushed again
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 4:53:18PM
Bisping fights at MW Carwin fights at HW
sclasclemski
7/4/10 5:04:58PM
I almost replied to that as well but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was a joke...

where you been ...haven't seen you on chess.com for awhile
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 5:07:05PM
Life got to be hell for a while there. I got your challenge, I have a midterm this Tuesday and after that, I'll get down.
KronicBuboniK
7/4/10 5:57:33PM
Carwin and Big Nog would be a good fight. I'm not sure if he could get Carwin to the mat to submit him though... Carwin does have some good wrestling despite what you saw at UFC 116. If he worked on his cardio, he could dominate in the HW division.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 6:02:44PM
What do you mean despite what you saw at UFC 116? He flat out stuffed the hell out of Brock and dominated Brock on the ground. It's his cardio that failed him. Not his wrestling. He clearly showed that he was a better wrestler than Brock when he has the energy. That was VERY telling to me about Carwin's abilities. Cardio's a bitch, though. Carwin was bragging about how he was the better athlete, obviously Lesnar was. Sorry, Carwin.
Gogoplatapus
7/4/10 6:13:05PM
WAR Bisping vs Carwin
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 6:14:35PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

WAR Bisping vs Carwin

ChrisSabal
7/5/10 12:55:03AM
of course that was a joke. But really how awesome would it be to see Carwin just destroy Bisping.
tmas
7/5/10 4:56:59AM
i think we need to submit that fight to the UFC just tell them all of USA wants to see Shane knock Bisping's head into the 8th row.
Violence108
7/5/10 8:52:10AM
Shane vs Ben Rothwell sounds good to me, i think Big Nog is tryinh to rematch Frank Mir right now, watch would be a good fight
jjeans
7/5/10 8:58:58AM

Posted by tmas

i think we need to submit that fight to the UFC just tell them all of USA wants to see Shane knock Bisping's head into the 8th row.

Im British and i would also wanna see that happen!

Im all for Carwin VS Rothwell but i think Carwin Vs loser of JDS Nelson Makes more sence whilst Rothwell fights Big Nog
sclasclemski
7/5/10 9:00:50AM
I read in one of the threads that Big Bog is looking for a rematch with Frank Mir right now..so who knows..I just hope they don't wait too long to put a match together...there have alot of long layoffs of the top fighters lately.
jarod1005
7/5/10 4:16:31PM

Posted by MriIlluminati

With all the big UFC HWs (Cain, JDS, Roy) locked up, except for Mir who he just beat, who is next for Shane Carwin?

I was thinking Rothwell or Kongo any other ideas?

I would like to see Carwin against Mirko "Crocop"! Somebody say, timbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

"The best fighter is not a Boxer, Karate or Judo man. The best fighter is someone who can adapt to any style."—Bruce Lee
BlueSkiesBurn
7/5/10 4:40:28PM

Posted by tmas

I'm sure Dana would give it to us if we screamed loud enough.