Whats next for Affliction

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whats next for Affliction
Mchubb316
7/20/08 2:04:52AM
Where does the promotion go from here? I think they should give themselves some time before their next show to sign more talent. They have the stars, now they should focus on depth. Some fights that would make for a good card in my opinion would be, Barnett vs Arlovski, Belfort vs Lindland, Tito vs Babalu(assuming Tito signs), and the obvious Fedor vs Couture, if not that then I think Fedor vs. Barnett should happen.
Pookie
7/20/08 3:01:08AM
Arlovski should fight Fedor next. If not him then barnett.
Quasar
7/20/08 3:18:13AM
I'm gonna be honest and I'm sure some will disagree but I think Arlovski is the only one capable of beating Fedor on any given day, cut wins in my opinion dont count especially in Fedors case his only loss from fighting in a org. that didnt have the rules that are in the bigger orgs. in any other org. that loss to TK would have been a NC or DQ in Fedors favor. To me hes undefeated.
Amdrag
7/20/08 3:35:18AM
Give me Aleksander vs Arlovski or Aleksander vs Rothwell
Purge
7/20/08 3:45:33AM
Fedor vs Barnett
Arlovski vs Sylvia IV
Vitor vs Lindland
postman
7/20/08 4:18:23AM
Vitor linland and Fedor barrnett
Jackelope
7/20/08 11:03:44AM

Posted by Amdrag

Me likey
Mchubb316
7/20/08 11:58:58AM
I think that Aleksander would destroy Rothwell. I don't think Rothwell is as good as once thought. He is tough, and has heart, but his striking looked slow, and sloppy.
coldchillin
7/20/08 1:09:29PM
I get the feeling they will do this:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Randy Couture

Josh Barnett vs. Andrei Arlovski

Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia

Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland

Ben Rothwell vs. Paul Buentello

Tito Ortiz vs. Babalu
Rush
7/20/08 1:14:12PM
The need to sign some other fighters, even if it is for a single fight. I don't want to see Affliction use thier first three shows to feature the same fighters unless they plan on only doing those three shows.

ncordless
7/20/08 1:17:53PM
I'd like to see:

Babalu vs. Lil Nog

Fedor vs. Randy/AA/Barnett

Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia

Vitor vs. The Law

coldchillin
7/20/08 1:25:50PM

Posted by Rush

The need to sign some other fighters, even if it is for a single fight. I don't want to see Affliction use thier first three shows to feature the same fighters unless they plan on only doing those three shows.

more than likely, they'll continue to feature their heavyweights as they have most of the top heavyweights in the world.
Stills79
7/20/08 2:58:10PM
Can they afford to sign new talent? They said themselves if they aren't making money by third show, the whole promotion will be shit canned. I'm interested to see how many ppv buys it got last night.
mk1630
7/20/08 5:39:30PM

Posted by Amdrag

Aleksander actually able to fight is mine.....
nickcuc547
7/20/08 8:22:05PM
arlovski vs. barnett, winner gets fedor.
Mayhem13
7/20/08 9:56:50PM
next card
-------------

Fedor vs Barnett
Tito vs Babalu
Arlovski vs Aleks
Lindland vs Belfort
Buentello vs Rothwell

and then NYE Couture vs Fedor
reddevil
7/21/08 1:38:17AM
Fedor vs. Couture/Barnett/Arlovski all sound good to me.

Sobral vs. Rogerio Nog only makes sense. IF Ortiz does sign with Affliction, a Sobral vs. Ortiz fight is something I always wanted to see while they were in the UFC.

Lindland vs. Belfort, as they are the only two interesting MW's, IMO.

Aleksander vs. Beuntello//Sylvia/Rothwell are each compelling. Possibly because Aleks is somewhat of a mystery to me despite that I've seen him fight numerous times, and any top competition will help determine exactly how good he is. The last time Aleksander fought a dangerous opponent he was submitted quickly and easily in the 1st round.

It will be interesting to see what additional talent Affliction adds to the roster as a second event approaches. Even with the current talent we should be in store for another great card.