Werdum will fight Cro Cop if he has to!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Werdum will fight Cro Cop if he has to!!
hathcock32
3/26/07 11:55:25PM
Here’s another snip:

“If we have to face each other some day, we will. He wants the belt as like me. We will try to avoid this to happen, because we were from the same team, we have the same manager and we are friends. He wants me to go back there to train. I went to recently to do some seminars in and then I went to and we enjoyed the opportunity to meet him and I wanted to know how he was going on. We talked a lot.”

ac_gi
3/27/07 2:00:38AM
I like it. It shows that Werdum is a true professional.
hippysmacker
3/27/07 4:01:20AM
Awesome. I respect the right of teammates to not fight eachother( and I don't know if they are teammates or just train together sometimes), but I would really like to see this fight. He actually made similiar comments when he agreed to sign with the UFC. I'm glad he has reiterated them.
jaba
3/27/07 7:41:10PM
good, crocop and werdum will be the two best heavyweights in the UFC (unless more pride HW's are recruited), and it would be a shame if they never fought.
JimiMak
3/27/07 9:16:20PM
I'm really glad to hear this. I hate when fighters say they won't fight because they are friends. I'm like WTF? Are you and your friends professionals? Professional fighters? That is the hazard of both wanting to train with and fight against the best. This is a dream match, to me. Why would you be in this business to not fight the biggest fights you can get, no matter who against? I agree with the guys who say they would rather fight their brother (blood or training) than a stranger.
hathcock32
3/28/07 2:54:36AM

Posted by JimiMak

I'm really glad to hear this. I hate when fighters say they won't fight because they are friends. I'm like WTF? Are you and your friends professionals? Professional fighters? That is the hazard of both wanting to train with and fight against the best. This is a dream match, to me. Why would you be in this business to not fight the biggest fights you can get, no matter who against? I agree with the guys who say they would rather fight their brother (blood or training) than a stranger.

Yea true Smith and Sell were good friends, and that is still one of my favorite matches of all time.