Werdum calls out Alistair Overeem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Werdum calls out Alistair Overeem
Wolfenstein
4/13/09 5:15:48PM
Fabricio Werdum says he has signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce and wants the organisation’s heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem as his first opponent.

“I want to fight Alistair and I am hoping that the fight can be made in June,” he said in a video interview with Sherdog.

link
sclasclemski
4/13/09 8:21:13PM
The fight makes sense...other then Brett Rogers who does Strikeforce have in the Heavyweight department? I could see them absorbing Affliction when its all said and done...now that would really bolster there stable
bustin_mma
4/13/09 9:10:08PM
I think Overeem would KO Werdum
Twenty20Dollars
4/13/09 11:07:20PM
Werdum is gunning for this title fight, even if strikeforce isnt.

Smart by Werdum. the fight needs to happen, if not in june, then in august.
cmill21
4/14/09 4:25:35AM

Posted by bustin_mma

The only things that have really changed since their first tilt is that Overeem is 40lbs heavier(maybe since it's in the US) and Werdums stand up improved alot. Alistair still seems to run out of gas early to.
kaduey
4/14/09 2:05:26PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by bustin_mma

The only things that have really changed since their first tilt is that Overeem is 40lbs heavier(maybe since it's in the US) and Werdums stand up improved alot. Alistair still seems to run out of gas early to.

Werdum already finished Overeem with ease in Pride. He'll submit him quickly again.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/14/09 2:55:19PM

Posted by bustin_mma

I 2nd that