Werdum?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Werdum?
haggiswashere
10/19/08 3:28:48AM
Why is he fighting a newcomer? he just beat two tough big name guys, so shouldn't he be moving up in competition not down? does anyone else think this is weird?
Wolfenstein
10/19/08 3:51:31AM
Basically he's kind of just spinning his wheels in the mud...so to speak...waiting for the Heavyweight mini-tournament to get over with so he can fight the champ since it is written into his contract.

Werdum can beat all four guys in my opinion. Including a rematch with Noguiera. Werdum's standup has improved alot since he began training at Chute Boxe to go alongwith his already world class BJJ. He has also looked like a much more exciting fighter. I'm pulling for him.

haggiswashere
10/19/08 3:53:29AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Basically he's kind of just spinning his wheels in the mud...so to speak...waiting for the Heavyweight mini-tournament to get over with so he can fight the champ since it is written into his contract.

Werdum can beat all four guys in my opinion. Including a rematch with Noguiera. Werdum's standup has improved alot since he began training at Chute Boxe to go alongwith his already world class BJJ. He has also looked like a much more exciting fighter. I'm pulling for him.

oh ok. makes sense
loller90278
10/19/08 4:27:21AM
they had to give him a fight so the whole hw championship 4 way match can be unraveled. after this fight he's next in line for a title shot
Gipper
10/19/08 7:13:37AM
he should be fighting couture for the title
Branwest
10/19/08 12:20:58PM
I agree that when this 'mini-tourney' is over, Werdum should be next up for a title-shot, unless he SOMEHOW loses his next fight. In MMA, you just never know, but I can't see it happening. If Big Nog happens to lose to Mir or the winner of Couture/Lesnar, then he'll be considered for another shot after a win or two.
JimiMak
10/19/08 12:24:37PM
Machida's not a HW
Rush
10/19/08 1:34:09PM

Posted by JimiMak

Machida's not a HW

Yes, thank you
Branwest
10/19/08 4:27:38PM
Yeah, complete mental lapse. I know that. I don't know what I was thinking. I think I was thinking about either Cane or the winner of Silva/Machida getting the next shot @ LHW after Rashad. And not only his Machida a LHW, but kind of a small one at that........
No, I think Werdum will get a shot depending on what happens in the tourney. But if Nog loses to Mir, which he won't, people will still want to see him fight Couture, if Couture beats Lesnar which is a tough task due to Brock's size.
RhythmAndStyle
10/20/08 1:04:16PM
to build him up..thats my guess...
mrkennedy
10/20/08 11:57:17PM
werdum vs couture was a more logical fight but that fight will not sell has much then couture-lesnar
mrsmiley
10/21/08 5:38:21AM
Werdum is without a doubt "their' imo.
Wish they would do more with him,but what can you say?
prozacnation1978
10/21/08 9:26:09AM
well he was going to get his title shot till randy came back but look at gabriel he has been getting easy opponents as well.