Welterweight John Howard Released from the UFC Following Loss at UFC on Versus 4

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Welterweight John Howard Released from the UFC Following Loss at UFC on Versus 4
emfleek
7/11/11 1:13:35PM
John Howard is the latest casualty from recent losses in the UFC as the Massachusetts’ fighter has been released from the promotion.

Howard’s manager Malki Kawa of First Round Management confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.

Going 4-3 during his time with the UFC, Howard has been an exciting fighter with true fire power in his hands, picking up wins over names like Dennis Hallman and Daniel Roberts along the way.

LINK
pmoney
7/11/11 1:24:05PM
I wasted a post. I am very stupid. lol
prozacnation1978
7/11/11 1:27:54PM
Sucks now the fight with AJ won't happen
Don't know why ufc never did want to book it
Theoutlaw08
7/11/11 2:50:51PM
I liked watching Howard....I thought maybe they would give him one more.
FastKnockout
7/11/11 2:56:20PM
This sucks. I've always liked Howards. He always brought it in his fights. Hopefully he ends up somewhere like Strikeforce or Bellator.
Bloodhound
7/11/11 3:56:53PM
sucks to see i'm a big Doomsday fan, but i cant say im surprised by this cut after how his fight with Brown went.
hashyandy4
7/11/11 4:42:15PM
I'm a little surprized by this one, hopefully bellator will pick him up
prophecy033
7/11/11 5:17:04PM
I don't understand this one. They have cro-cop another shot, along with hardy. Why not Howard as well. He's just as exciting has hardy, even more so then grandpa filipovic (ufc era cro-cop)
warglory
7/11/11 10:17:56PM

Posted by prophecy033

I don't understand this one. They have cro-cop another shot, along with hardy. Why not Howard as well. He's just as exciting has hardy, even more so then grandpa filipovic (ufc era cro-cop)

Because CroCop is a legend, John Howard is not. It's the same reason Wanderlei was able to stick around for so long.
Pookie
7/12/11 1:50:47AM
There goes my "Pick against" guy. It's days like these i wish Goulet would come out of retirement.
Bubbles
7/12/11 12:33:22PM

Posted by prophecy033

how many people buy PPVs to watch Howard fight? compare that to Hardy and Cro Cop
Bubbles
7/12/11 12:36:32PM

Posted by Pookie

There goes my "Pick against" guy. It's days like these i wish Goulet would come out of retirement.

haha well from what i understand, Stevenson is still around (unless i missed the news). Danzig is my current "bet against" guy