UFC WELTERWEIGHT DUANE LUDWIG NAMED NEW HEAD COACH OF TEAM ALPHA MALE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC WELTERWEIGHT DUANE LUDWIG NAMED NEW HEAD COACH OF TEAM ALPHA MALE
FastKnockout
12/18/12 9:14:40PM
UFC welterweight Duane Ludwig has been named the new head coach of Team Alpha Male.

“It’s flattering to have the request and good timing, as I’ll be out for at least a year,” Ludwig recently told Sherdog.com. “With that said, chances lead toward me stepping away from the actual fighting and starting to train the next generation. To be given a team like Alpha Male is a coach’s dream. The work ethic of great wrestlers with a more Dutch style of kickboxing, such as mine, is going to be fun to watch. Everyone at Alpha Male is already a great and successful mixed martial artist, so this can only get better.”

Link
sparky
12/18/12 9:27:05PM
Props to Bang

I've always been a fan of Ludwig
pmoney
12/18/12 10:03:57PM
Bang is still a UFC Welterweight?

J/k, good for him
frizzzlecake
12/18/12 10:10:30PM
I wish Alpha Male still had the guy who rocked the sleeveless shirts and fancy belt buckles.
Chael_Sonnen
12/18/12 10:44:39PM
WOOAAAA big fella - - back up the Nog bus for just a minute......Team Alpha Male has picked a "kickboxer" with NO wrestling experience as their Head Coach?

I think Mel Gibson and the Mayans were right
tcunningham
12/19/12 12:19:47AM
i was wondering the same thing, it just sounded weird as soon as i heard that. hopefully they have a wide variety of coaching talent besides ludwig, nothing against him but a team like that needs the best coaches in the game. he can definitely help with the kickboxing aspect because he's got great standup.
bjj1605
12/19/12 12:24:00AM
Well TBH they don't really need work on their wrestling....

A kickboxer head coach makes sense if they are trying to work on their weaknesses.
cowcatcher
12/19/12 7:57:15AM
I guess Master Thong left for what was supposed to be a week and didn't come back for 6 weeks and never let anyone know what was going on. I don't know anything else except that there are rumors out there that he has an expired visa, but again, those are just rumors.
thevoodooninja
12/19/12 8:11:04AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I guess Master Thong left for what was supposed to be a week and didn't come back for 6 weeks and never let anyone know what was going on.

I've seen this happen in the ghetto zone, its called chasing the ghost. But that's purely speculation
BillsNewAccount
12/19/12 8:47:40AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I guess Master Thong left for what was supposed to be a week and didn't come back for 6 weeks and never let anyone know what was going on. I don't know anything else except that there are rumors out there that he has an expired visa, but again, those are just rumors.

I was wondering what happened to the Master. I loved that dude's skinny jeans.