UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson arrested for domestic violence on June 27

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson arrested for domestic violence on June 27
SmileR
7/9/09 8:55:00PM
MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) has been able to confirm with the Hayward Police Department that UFC welterweight fighter Anthony “Rumble” Johnson was arrested on June 27 in Hayward, California on multiple charges including domestic battery and the destruction of a cell phone to prevent the reporting of a crime.

Johnson posted bail and was released that same day.

Stay tuned for more details on this breaking news.

Link
Rush
7/9/09 8:58:31PM
Ah the ever so confusing tirade of a domestic dispute.
NatedawgThaM
7/9/09 9:15:43PM
haha keep your pimphand strong! You a fighter, you dont need that biotch! haha Hope he comes back strong and gets deep into title contention!
John_Jobber
7/9/09 10:18:05PM
This is a shame, not saying he's guilty but this will definitely set him back professionally if he's convicted.

Anthony Johnson has a TON of potential.

Posted by NatedawgThaM

haha keep your pimphand strong! You a fighter, you dont need that biotch! haha

Hilarious, huh dude. Some people might not think domestic violence is all that funny but more power to you for your broad sense of humor...

RNstanger
7/9/09 10:34:50PM
What a *****. Can't wait to see his ass beat down by a real fighter
RNC
7/9/09 10:53:34PM

Posted by RNstanger

Was there a paragraph that I missed or something? Maybe some sentences strung together that I did not see saying Johnson beat up his woman? Because all I read was that he was arrested on domestic violence charges, and for all we know, his girl came at him with a knife so he dropped her. No one knows the story, so before we go bashing this guy, let's keep the speculation to a minimum until further information is released.
The_Ho_Bag
7/10/09 1:09:20AM

Posted by RNC

Posted by RNstanger

Was there a paragraph that I missed or something? Maybe some sentences strung together that I did not see saying Johnson beat up his woman? Because all I read was that he was arrested on domestic violence charges, and for all we know, his girl came at him with a knife so he dropped her. No one knows the story, so before we go bashing this guy, let's keep the speculation to a minimum until further information is released.

lisa ann FTW!
bigbubbano23
7/10/09 1:47:45AM
the glove dosn't fit, i don't think he did ****. but only time will tell.
fonduktoe
7/10/09 2:14:31AM
as long as he didn't hit her with a car that was covered in his likeness forcing her to have a miscarriage he'll be o.k.
wait... even if he did that he'll still be o.k.
Giant_Ochai
7/10/09 2:42:23AM

Posted by RNC

Posted by RNstanger

I think an attempted murder would be mentioned in the article.
gnl68
7/10/09 5:18:06AM

Posted by RNC

Posted by RNstanger

Was there a paragraph that I missed or something? Maybe some sentences strung together that I did not see saying Johnson beat up his woman? Because all I read was that he was arrested on domestic violence charges, and for all we know, his girl came at him with a knife so he dropped her. No one knows the story, so before we go bashing this guy, let's keep the sp
eculation to a minimum until further information is released.

Where i come from if a person comes at you with a knife or a pair of socks,and they are trying to hurt me with that knife oir pair of socks.You are not charged with domestic violence,for defending yourself. Its a shame that no matter how much in the spotlight,no matter how much publicity,no matter how much money ya got.Money doesn't buy you confidence(to find another partner)or to be able to just walk away from the one ya love(that can make ya feel like ya have to do that)The guys got alot of talent.If he is innocent,my appologies.If guilty he deserves everything he gets and then some.
RNstanger
7/12/09 5:06:14PM
RNC-Speculation? LOL. Never said anything about him beating his ex, just saying "Can't wait to see his ass beat down by a real fighter ". That's just my opinion on him as a fighter. Next time i'll submit my post to you so you can approve it. Because i'm speculating that you think you're someone special.