From welfare to custom suits, Conor McGregor says UFC win biggest of career

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » From welfare to custom suits, Conor McGregor says UFC win biggest of career
grappler0000
4/7/13 1:13:31AM
While it's already being praised as one of the most impressive UFC debuts in recent memory, Conor McGregor's UFC on FUEL TV 9 win didn't just boost his notoriety in the sport: It's also going to get him off welfare.

"Just last week I was collecting the social welfare," McGregor (13-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) said at Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 post-event press conference. "I was in there saying to them, 'I don't know what's going to happen. I'm signed to the UFC. I don't know. Blah, blah, blah.' Now I supposed I'm just going to have to tell them, 'F--k off!'"

Link
sparky
4/7/13 1:49:00AM
WAR McGregor

I love watching this kid fight
JoeWarren33
4/7/13 1:51:17AM
He was very impressive in his debut and i look forward to seeing more!!
hotrodttt
4/7/13 3:04:01AM
He seemed like a dick at the weigh ins but explained post fight. Just a guy that isn't to this much exposure but he definitely impressed, the angles and feints he was using were beautiful. He looked like Mayweather with some of those shoulder rolls.
george112
4/7/13 5:15:27AM
I said it in the spoilers forum and ill say it in here again. Conor is going to be a UFC champion. His standup was absolutely beautiful
BeeR
4/7/13 7:40:34AM
The fight reminded me of Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben.
I knew Connor was going to get the KO, but not so easily.

22pts!
Kpro
4/7/13 8:08:32AM

Posted by BeeR

22pts!

Same, let's keep having McGregor Hot Bouts so we can pile up 22's!
tcunningham
4/7/13 12:09:45PM
he looked great for sure. i'll definitely be keeping my eye on this guy. he beat a pretty legitimate fighter too.
Malaussie
4/7/13 9:00:18PM
I would like to see his TD defense/ground game. Rani Yahya next please.
Chael_Sonnen
4/7/13 10:55:25PM
Houston Alexander version 2.0

** The Irish are known for two things....chasing rainbows looking for the pot of Chael and getting smashed by anybody with good wrestling.
bjj1605
4/8/13 9:35:49AM

Posted by Malaussie

I would like to see his TD defense/ground game. Rani Yahya next please.

Good call. I'd like to see that fight as well.

They will probably give McGregor a striker next though. Build him up a little bit.