No weighty concerns as champ Jose Aldo readies for UFC 136

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » No weighty concerns as champ Jose Aldo readies for UFC 136
Budgellism
10/6/11 4:36:49PM
For a guy hoping to defend his 145-pound championship, UFC 136 co-headliner Jose Aldo finds himself answering a lot of questions about 155 pounds.

Will the champ eventually move to the heavier weight class? Would he want to hold both belts? Will tough weight cuts essentially force a move to lightweight?

Aldo politely answers each question, but his focus remains solely on Saturday's featherweight title challenger, Kenny Florian.

Aldo (19-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Florian (15-5 MMA, 12-4 UFC) clash at Saturday's UFC 136 event, which takes place at Houston's Toyota Center. As with the headlining title fight between lightweight champ Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, Aldo vs. Florian is part of the pay-per-view main card.

For Aldo, it's his first fight since a win over Mark Hominick at UFC 129. Despite a "Fight of the Night" performance, a fading Aldo gave away some later rounds and settled for a decision victory. A video recently came out showing him enduring a brutal weight cut prior to the fight, and he admittedly entered the cage at less than 100 percent.

"In the last fight, I had some inflammations," he today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) through a translator. "But as we all saw, that didn't stop me. I went the full five rounds nonstop, and this fight, I'm completely healthy and one-thousand percent.

"It was a good fight. I was able to impose my game and everything worked out great."

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
10/6/11 5:58:38PM
Jose or JOE-Zay
Budgellism
10/6/11 9:50:53PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Jose or JOE-Zay

I use Jose because whenever Goldberg says "Joe-zay" it bothers me.
ncordless
10/7/11 2:00:45AM
It's portugese. . . J sounds like J but with a little bit softer juh sound. The correct pronunciation is joe-say. Ho-zay is spanish.

Portugese has different R's. . . not J's. If you saw Royce Gracie and Jose Aldo fighting, it would be Hoyce and Joe-say.