Which weight class puts on the best fights?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which weight class puts on the best fights?
POLL: Which weight class do you think puts on the best fights?
Lightweight 62% (26)
Welterweight 14% (6)
Middleweight 5% (2)
Light Heavyweight 14% (6)
Heavyweight 5% (2)
SociopathX
4/20/08 6:55:50PM
I personally like lightweight or welterweights the most... seems like they have the most versatile fighters and really throw down the most.

wolfman
4/20/08 7:06:50PM
This topic is beyond overdone and usually the majority always goes with the exciting LW division.....Which is my answer as well.
juanez13
4/20/08 7:15:48PM
I think LHW puts on the best fights,i think this is because its one, if not the most well rounded division on there, there are great grapplers and strikers in this weight class, they got the power but can also can keep up a high paced fight, they also transition very well between styles. Unlike LW's in the UFC which consists of +90% wretelers with poor striking, if you look at most of the division, the best wresteler will be at the top, guys like edgar, griffin, Guida, Lauzon, maynard, joe daddy, sherk, manny, are all examples of this. BUT, outside of the UFC, the LW's are much more diversified, which makes it alot more exciting, with guys like GZ, Hansen, Alvarez, Dida, Shaolin, gomi, Kawajiri, Ishida, Melendez, Uno, Edwards etc............
TimW001
4/20/08 7:24:01PM
Every class has put on several great fights. But the LW division is the most consistant at putting on awesome fights.
Kracker_Jap
4/20/08 7:59:08PM

Posted by wolfman

This topic is beyond overdone and usually the majority always goes with the exciting LW division.....Which is my answer as well.

WOW not nice........

I like the topic and haven't seen it talked about for awhile Props to the thread starter

LW is fun to watch but I prefer LHW because its the weight class I would be in....

Not to mention I think avarage LHW would beat any other fighter in the other weight classes in a clasic open tourney
ohiostate1016
4/20/08 10:51:35PM
It's the lightweights by far. Look no further than last night, when the fight that should have been FOTN between Mark Bocek and Mac Danzig stole the show from the beginning. That was a solid performance by both guys, and I'm just a little upset that Bocek didn't get that bonus for the way he hung in there with Danzig, a guy who was supposed to beat him in the first round.
wolfman
4/20/08 10:53:09PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by wolfman

WOW not nice........

I like the topic and haven't seen it talked about for awhile Props to the thread starter

LW is fun to watch but I prefer LHW because its the weight class I would be in....

Not to mention I think avarage LHW would beat any other fighter in the other weight classes in a clasic open tourney

Is your nose brown by any chance? j/k
tylerlee123
4/21/08 3:58:56PM
I like the Light Heavys there my favorite division to watch
SpiderSilva
4/21/08 6:21:16PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by wolfman

WOW not nice........

I have not seen this topic but I also think LHW are at the top as they can hit like a HW and be as quick as a MW all rolled into one 205 taquito. as of late do to the huge amout of 155 they have put on spectacular shows but if they I then I can also thow in the 170 but they really have a gap between the top 6 and everyoen else as they vary vary rarly put top 170 vs top 170 only for a title and this may quickly turn into a GSP a head above the rest like Silva at 185 so this is what im going with

a tie 155/205 are really great to watch with the top talent taking care of eachother and contiuly making us move our top fighters around