Every weight class champ will be from TUF??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Every weight class champ will be from TUF??
hathcock32
4/10/07 10:19:29PM
Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping
Heavyweight- Josh Haynes.......???
jdubs
4/10/07 10:55:27PM
the only one i see being champ is kos, i use to think forrest but after i saw his last fight and post fight i almost lost respect for him
hippysmacker
4/10/07 11:02:05PM
I hope your kidding. If this were to actually, by some miracle, it would be about 5 years from now. Add the fact that most young fighters don't come from TUF, and I would say highly inlikely.
Zvonimir
4/11/07 12:00:19AM
I don't think so. The probablility is very small.
disorderlyvision
4/11/07 2:11:37AM
i dont see this happening
Mastodon2
4/11/07 4:37:33AM
I'd say the chances were very small, however, the last UFC card was packed full of TUF guys, UFC's plan is now coming together where they can use these production line, groomed fighters to fill out their cards.
Northrend
4/11/07 7:10:56AM
In time Robert Emerson, but thats probably cause im biased hehe.
xchickox
4/11/07 7:56:03AM
i dont think kos can do it, grove has a lot of potential to do it, its all about bisping though, he's gonna take the title within a year
Rush
4/11/07 8:04:17AM
In the next year, I think only one or two TUF fighters might even get a title shot and I don't think they'll win.

The more episodes of TUF they put on, the greater the chances of them getting a top fighter.
madmarck
4/11/07 10:43:44AM

Posted by hathcock32

Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping

Corey Hill?? When did you even see him fihgt?
KOS is the only possible one.

Grove and Bisping have no chance right now b/c their styles are similiar to the champs.. Its just Silva and Liddell are a hell of a lot better at it.

And dont even joke about Josh Haynes man. He is like Ross Pointon he just keeps going man.
Rush
4/11/07 2:50:06PM
I think Corey Hill fought last week in TUF. He did not impress me at all in ability or attitude.
hippysmacker
4/11/07 3:16:30PM

Posted by Rush

I think Corey Hill fought last week in TUF. He did not impress me at all in ability or attitude.

That was Cole Miller. Anothet tall guy who talka lot. He actually has mosyly fougth at 145 despite his height. I think he shopuld buff up and stay at 155. Hill is the 6 ft. 4 black guy
Lay_N_Pray
4/11/07 3:35:22PM
um..no. I dont hate TUF fighters, I think they are good and all, but no.

Lightweight has a lot of impressive fighters. Sherk, Florian, Penn, Pulver, Huerta for sure, Stevenson...so I think Hill is a little bit out of his league right now but Stevenson and Florian could represent

Welterweight. I mean come on. GSP owns that division then Serra, Hughes, Diego (if he fights like himself), The Heat, lots of good guys, Kos has a chance but would get killed by the big three in Serra, GSP, and Hughes right now.

Middleweight. I like Grove and he has a chance actually I think. Kampmann might be someone he should take on, McDonald, Franklin, he needs to go top tier before getting his shot, but he has a chance I think. Silva is sick though.

Lightheavyweight: Bisping matches up horribly against Chuck. The Count "likes to bang", but unfortunately for him Chuck "bangs" a whole lot better. Evans has an outside chance if your looking for a TUFie, just cause he could LnP a decision with his sick takedowns...but thats very outside.

Heavyweight...No, just no. Randy, Cro Cop, Nog, Arlovski, Werdum, Vera, Sylvia, Herring...absolutely no chance in hell...literally no chance in hell

ManBeast
4/11/07 5:12:32PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

um..no. I dont hate TUF fighters, I think they are good and all, but no.

Lightweight has a lot of impressive fighters. Sherk, Florian, Penn, Pulver, Huerta for sure, Stevenson...so I think Hill is a little bit out of his league right now but Stevenson and Florian could represent

Welterweight. I mean come on. GSP owns that division then Serra, Hughes, Diego (if he fights like himself), The Heat, lots of good guys, Kos has a chance but would get killed by the big three in Serra, GSP, and Hughes right now.

Middleweight. I like Grove and he has a chance actually I think. Kampmann might be someone he should take on, McDonald, Franklin, he needs to go top tier before getting his shot, but he has a chance I think. Silva is sick though.

Lightheavyweight: Bisping matches up horribly against Chuck. The Count "likes to bang", but unfortunately for him Chuck "bangs" a whole lot better. Evans has an outside chance if your looking for a TUFie, just cause he could LnP a decision with his sick takedowns...but thats very outside.

Heavyweight...No, just no. Randy, Cro Cop, Nog, Arlovski, Werdum, Vera, Sylvia, Herring...absolutely no chance in hell...literally no chance in hell

I approve of this post
chentay2112
4/11/07 6:28:08PM
i think bisping has the best chance out of those listed....
he's got good power and has been working on his ground game a lot i think he'll be champ at LHW within a couple of years

an ENGLISH champ in the UFC that would be great
Rush
4/12/07 12:56:18PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Rush

That was Cole Miller. Anothet tall guy who talka lot. He actually has mosyly fougth at 145 despite his height. I think he shopuld buff up and stay at 155. Hill is the 6 ft. 4 black guy

Oh ok, I know of whom you speak. I think he's a punk too and I think he is getting eliminated. I think he is more bark than bite.
skiba97
4/12/07 1:17:15PM
I think the main chance of a tuf champ would be joe stevenson. I dunno about kos, i think hed give hughes a run for his money, not sure about st peirre though. I dont think theres much chance for kendall, i dont think he could get past franklin okami or Marquardt never mind silva. I think once chuck retires or moves up to hw theres a good chance rashad or bisping could get the belt with the next few years, providing none of the top pride lhws (rua, arona ect) move over.
hathcock32
4/12/07 3:23:19PM
First of all the post was a semi-joke. But i really believe Bisping and Grove will be the champions by the end of the year!!
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 12:13:58PM

Posted by hathcock32

Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping

There is no way in hell. The only one that has a chance is Koscheck, and maybe Bisping when Liddell/Ortiz retire. Kendall could fare well if he bulked up and maybe went to LHW IMO.
masodd
7/13/07 11:19:11PM
maybe kieth jardine but he cant underestimate anybody anymore cause he'll get pummelled again...........more than likely kos..........forrest doesn't have the talent and maybe nate diaz or joe lauzon........kendall also has the talent and maybe bisping
bls1919
8/17/07 12:56:16AM
hell no, if at all maybe it would be Rashad Evans........maybe?
BigEvil
8/17/07 4:07:35PM
If the show keeps up then I agree that at some point a TUFF fighter will be champ in each weight class, not at the same time though and maybe never in HW doesn't seem to be enough young talent.... oh and Cory Hill???? I liked him but I see Florian, Stevenson, or even Diaz as champ before I see Hill.
TOMMYAYO05
8/17/07 5:02:53PM

Posted by hathcock32

Lw- Corey Hill
WW- Josh Koscheck
MW- Kendall Grove
LHW- Bisping

The only ones i see from the list are kos and bisping,and more likely kos then bisping.