Weight class for Arroyo/Brown fight.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Weight class for Arroyo/Brown fight.
xphycorx
6/16/08 3:07:40PM
What weight class is the Arroyo/Brown fight at? Brown is listed as a WW on Sherdog and is a MW on this season of TUF. Arroyo is listed as a LW.
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/08 3:32:12PM
170. arroyo fought his last fight at 170 on the finale. and those two have fought before.

so 170 would be my guess. cus arroyo is too small for MW.
wolfman
6/16/08 3:50:06PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

170. arroyo fought his last fight at 170 on the finale. and those two have fought before.

Brown is also too small for MW. He is better suited for WW and this fight will obviously take place at 170 as you eluded to.
DiabloFreak56
6/17/08 1:52:07AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Brown is also too small for MW. He is better suited for WW and this fight will obviously take place at 170 as you eluded to.

CornishMMA
6/17/08 6:40:41AM
YESH

But good point well raised as i hadnt even noticed that, i guess Brow is so small it never registered that he was a MW, he was outsized by Amir and everyone else, if he was on a 170 version of the show he would of had a good shot but i rate Arroyo and think he will sub him like Amir did
wolfman
6/17/08 6:53:39PM

Posted by CornishMMA

YESH

But good point well raised as i hadnt even noticed that, i guess Brow is so small it never registered that he was a MW, he was outsized by Amir and everyone else, if he was on a 170 version of the show he would of had a good shot but i rate Arroyo and think he will sub him like Amir did

Yeah, I'll be surprised if Brown lasts more than two minutes. Seriously, Arroyo by submission in the first.
CJB
6/18/08 10:33:04AM
Well Arroyo definitely wouldn't move up in weight and Brown can't cut to 155 so it's pretty obvious.
CornishMMA
6/18/08 1:22:32PM

Posted by CJB

Well Arroyo definitely wouldn't move up in weight and Brown can't cut to 155 so it's pretty obvious.

actually the question had already been answered correctly there was no reason for you to mistakenly talk about 155 cos that was never stated as being on the cards, and anyway Arroyo could have bulked up to fight it at 185 so it was a fair question and not all that obvious, Arroyo couldnt cut to 155 either!