Weight change could make a great rematch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Weight change could make a great rematch
ajp10k
5/26/11 10:31:44PM
Now instead of having GSP move up to middle weight why not Jake Shields? Shields IMO is more of a middle weight fighter. Now with Mayhem Miller in the UFC him vs shields would be a great rematch. Atlest a Co-main event if not a main event on a Versus or Fight Night.
Budgellism
5/26/11 11:02:09PM
I couldn't agree more man. Shields has looked better at middleweight than he has at welterweight. That and there are a lot of good fights up there for him.
postman
5/27/11 12:07:43AM
I said Jake vs Anderson intrested me more then Jake vs GSP.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 12:38:43AM
Then Nick Diaz comes over to UFC as WW, then SF folds.

Although, I wouldn't mind see Shields vs Condit rematch @ WW.
ajp10k
5/27/11 8:56:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Then Nick Diaz comes over to UFC as WW, then SF folds.

Although, I wouldn't mind see Shields vs Condit rematch @ WW.

Thats true Diaz and Shields then wouldnt fight each other. Diaz vs Condit could be a match if he comes to UFC (assuming he doesnt get a title shot right away)
UFC_Fanatic
5/27/11 10:13:56PM
Yeah, I too would be much more interested in a match between Shields and Silva than I would be a match between GSP and Silva. In my opinion, Shields presents more problems for Silva stylistically than GSP. I think he would pack on the muscle to be competitive at 185 better than GSP would too. As a matter of fact, Shields has proven that he can compete at 185, and GSP hasn't, and I doubt GSP would be competitive against the upper echelon of the UFCs 185 weight class, whereas Shields' performance against Hendo proved that he can hang with the big boys so to speak, at 185. Plus, as mentioned earlier, a rematch between Mayhem and Shields would be great.