Weight-In thoughts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Weight-In thoughts
TimW001
12/26/08 7:28:21PM
I liked watching the Bible thing on UFC.com. So i switched to Yahoo.

Wanderlei looked ripped as hell! Does anyone have a video or gif of his and Rampge's staredown then tussle?

Nog looked a little chubby.

Rashad looked like he buffed up.

All of the fighters looked prepared and confident.

/
Poohbah
12/26/08 7:59:22PM
My 2-cents:
Mir looked great. Maybe he won't gas like everyone is predicting. On top of that, Nog just looked ok. Not enough to make me change my bet though.

Wandy looked great. Rampage came in at 206 and had to rehydrate immediately. Maybe he struggled a bit making weight (pure conjecture).

Forrest only looked ok. I have a parlay with Rashad, but I would be happy if Forrest defended his title.

I can't wait!!!!!!!
copcopps
12/26/08 10:45:14PM
1. Don't talk smack to Silva's face
2. Mustapha's facial hair is ugly
3. Blackburn looked pretty good
4. Rampage looked very confused when they called out his weight for some reason
Franklinfan47
12/26/08 11:50:20PM
The whole bible thing on ufc.com was pretty weird. Somebody probably got fired on that one. Luckily I also got it going on yahoo before the good fights.

Wandy pushing Rampage was pretty funny. I loved the howl he gave the crowd after.

Cheick Kongo trying to psych out Al-Turk was pretty funny too. Every since he lost to Herring he thinks he's the badass of the division or something.

I thought Pat Barry looked super jacked, even for a heavyweight.

Besides that, I thought everyone looked in fighting shape, can't wait till 2morrow.
Aaronno9
12/27/08 12:02:15AM
Lets be honest guys, wandy was a dick. He tried to intimidate rampage, couldnt, then decided to look tough and shove him for no reason. Im really rooting for quinton now. It was also awesome when Kongo faked that headbutt on on al turk, and he didt even respond to it . What a lame thing to do.
cmill21
12/27/08 12:15:28AM
All about hyping the fight for Wand and Rampage. As for Nog looking chunky, he always has and probably always will lol, he's never ever been jacked.
ThaAxeMurderer7
12/27/08 12:36:19AM
I really thought Wanderlei looked great. He looked a lot leaner than his previous fight against Keith. I don't feel he was a dick from the footage I saw. Quinton was talking shit and Wandy was going to have none of it. Nog looked just like he always does and Mir looked in excellent shape. Same with Forrest and Rashad looked pretty lean also.
TimW001
12/27/08 1:38:31AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Lets be honest guys, wandy was a dick. He tried to intimidate rampage, couldnt, then decided to look tough and shove him for no reason. Im really rooting for quinton now. It was also awesome when Kongo faked that headbutt on on al turk, and he didt even respond to it . What a lame thing to do.

Yea, like the guy said above. Quinton said something to him to provoke it.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
TimW001
12/27/08 1:48:07AM
telnights
12/27/08 2:47:40AM
Wandy always gets pumped before fights and has a killer stare down. Rampage has a history of trash talk. Its clear Rampage said something to provoke Wandy. Wandy is honestly (and this is from first hand) one of the nicest fighters I have ever had the honor of meeting. Rampage on the other hand wasn't very nice almost rude. But this is just my point of view.

Kongo is starting to remind me of a HW Melvin.

All the fighters looked good. Rampage looked a little like the cut got to him. Nog looked a little out of shape. Mir looked really good for Mir, I don't think its going to help him but stranger things have happened.

Pookie
12/27/08 3:17:37AM
Rampage looks much thinner in the face then the griffin fight, hes in good shape.

Wolfenstein
12/27/08 3:30:12AM
Who looks out of shape? Don't let the flexing on the scales fool you.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cmill21
12/27/08 3:43:42AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Who looks out of shape? Don't let the flexing on the scales fool you.

Lol agreed nog acctually looks like he's in good shape.
Twenty20Dollars
12/27/08 3:47:46AM
Dana has a weird look on his face. Like "you better not f*ck this up frank"
copcopps
12/27/08 9:05:21AM
Frank really needs to put his hands up
DangerousDjohn
12/27/08 10:47:30AM
Kongo is a badass!
Aaronno9
12/27/08 11:13:39AM
I just think it was stupid from Wandy. What if Rampage twisted his ankle or fell and got cut. It would of ruined the card and cost em both a nice purse.
cmb19932
12/27/08 11:16:53AM
lol jk man but so much has too go wrong for that to happen its just hype im over it hopefully it fuels page
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/27/08 11:32:02AM
Evensen is pretty much way taller than Barry, but barry looks damn good. im picking barry by flying roundhouse to the left temple at 0:32 of the 1st. Rampage looks soft, wandy looks like he's ready for war, rashad will win IMO, i switched from chonnan to blackburn after weigh ins, still scared about picking okami over lister and not so confident about mass subbing cb anymore.
Jackelope
12/27/08 11:44:49AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Evensen is pretty much way taller than Barry, but barry looks damn good. im picking barry by flying roundhouse to the left temple at 0:32 of the 1st. Rampage looks soft, wandy looks like he's ready for war, rashad will win IMO, i switched from chonnan to blackburn after weigh ins, still scared about picking okami over lister and not so confident about mass subbing cb anymore.

LOL, tell me what you really think
copcopps
12/27/08 12:22:37PM
I switched yet agin to Barry after the weigh-ins, hope I get my hot bout win back
postman
12/27/08 12:31:56PM

Posted by copcopps

Frank really needs to put his hands up

Nogs Boxing is very good he keeps his hands low like that and Mir is going to get himself Koed
The_Italian_Stallion
12/27/08 1:22:36PM
CB looked so unimpressive, he didn't look strong at all. I can't even imagine what he's doing in training but the results are horrible. I think I might regret picking him.
Jackelope
12/27/08 1:59:02PM
LOL, Antoni Hardonk looks like a freakin Viking poster boy if only he had a huge beard

DJSyko
12/27/08 3:23:28PM
Wandy was a total prick IMO, soon as rampage even opened his mouth he shoved him, so i didnt think it was provoked because he didnt even have time to listen to what he said. But it makes great entertainment and i am so pumped for the fight.

I thought everyone looked at least the same as they have before and some looked in even better shape. I didnt think anyone looked bad.
Wolfenstein
12/27/08 3:55:46PM
This settles who pushed who first I suppose...

cmill21
12/27/08 3:58:43PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

This settles who pushed who first I suppose...

Dana knew that was coming lol.