UFC 74 Weigh Ins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 74 Weigh Ins
Ydoc
8/24/07 7:00:35PM
On yahoo and now ESPN News (for the main bout)...

Everyone made weight except for Thales, who came in at 188!
They said he's got 2 hours to lose the weight, Rogan said he only needed to lose 2 pounds but I always thought you only get the 186 bypass if you hit it on your first weigh in. Guess we'll hear an update later.

David Heath should move down to 185, looked a little doughy at 205.

Gabe 252 and Couture is 228 and a half. Couture looks as good as ever and Gabe looks solid with a bit of a gut like always. Can't wait.

Rogan is giving some prefight press and he was asked about how Randy is staying in the game at this age, and he went through the regular stuff but then brought up steroids and Bonds. Rogan must be high, why even link Couture and MMA to some roided record stealer.

Couture on... said he's going to push the pace, saying he's going to test Gabe's tank. If Gabe has a weakness that probably is it.
wolfman
8/24/07 7:55:19PM
I was surprised that Thales came in 3lbs over as well! Even he himself looked amazed. Heath did look chubby and I agree he should try and move down to 185. Mir weighed in at 255, does anyone know what he weighed in a previous events? I am still on the fence with this fight. I do think Mir should win, however; Hardonk may surprise us with a KO in the first or second round.
richieb19
8/24/07 8:29:38PM

Posted by wolfman

I was surprised that Thales came in 3lbs over as well! Even he himself looked amazed. Heath did look chubby and I agree he should try and move down to 185. Mir weighed in at 255, does anyone know what he weighed in a previous events? I am still on the fence with this fight. I do think Mir should win, however; Hardonk may surprise us with a KO in the first or second round.

There is no reason to think Mir should win this...
Stickan
8/24/07 8:33:03PM
hmm maybe putting down a few bucks on Jensen won't be such a bad idea after all...
Jackelope
8/24/07 8:34:52PM
I'm surprised Gonzaga is so heavy. I'd have figured he'd slim down so he could keep up with Randy's pace.
loonytnt
8/24/07 8:49:07PM
i think the heavyer the better, he is going be just as fast if he was 230, i think his BBJ is going do good in this fight
fedorwins1
8/24/07 8:54:31PM
Anyone have a link to the replays?
juanez13
8/24/07 8:59:30PM
In UFC.com they show the video of leites re-weigh in and he doesn make weight for the fight, got me worried for a sec, looking foward to seeing frank mir vs hardonk (heard that mir is traning hard, and hardonk didnt impress me with his groun game, so im lookin for improvement on both sides, after all hardonk does train with ernesto hoost, and rickson gracie) also GSP vs Kos, and i anxious to see how randy and gonzaga do, and im looking foward to seeing babalu, i really hope he comes out well prepared and comes out on top....
LR
8/24/07 9:37:15PM
Historically, the heavier the better against Randy Couture. Any advantage he can get to take out the HW champ. He most likely wanted to come in heavier.

Also, Trigg stated yesterday that Mir was training his ass off, but I thought he'd look better. Hopefully his ju-jitsu is there.
wolfman
8/24/07 10:27:54PM

Posted by richieb19

Yea, I see what you are saying. Yet, we all know how terrible Hardonk's ground game is. If he gets taken to the ground he better be ready to defend Mir's submission attempts. Who knows, maybe Hardonk has improved his ground game. I hope so because he didn't look good against McCully.
Ydoc
8/24/07 10:43:49PM
Yeah, and McCully is a out of shape 205er that easily handled Hardonk. I say Mir takes this and becomes some sort of gatekeeper for HW.

Damien6663
8/24/07 10:44:08PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by wolfman

Yes there is, hardonk is not a good fighter at all. If Mir even gets it to the ground once, even if he shows up fat as shit, he wins.
richieb19
8/25/07 3:24:26AM

Posted by wolfman

Yea, I see what you are saying. Yet, we all know how terrible Hardonk's ground game is. If he gets taken to the ground he better be ready to defend Mir's submission attempts. Who knows, maybe Hardonk has improved his ground game. I hope so because he didn't look good against McCully.

Antoni Hardonk trains with Rickson Gracie, enough said.

Posted by Damien6663

Yes there is, hardonk is not a good fighter at all. If Mir even gets it to the ground once, even if he shows up fat as shit, he wins.

You are ignorant and uninformed, Hardonk is easily better than most heavyweight strikers.
Ultimate_fighter
8/25/07 3:39:35AM
Leites weighed 188 on his first attempt, but later dropped the necessary two pounds, making his middleweight contest against Ryan Jensen official.
wolfman
8/25/07 3:48:45PM
How long has he trained with Rickson Gracie? Because he should know how to execute an armbar and he couldn't submit McCully with an armbar. With this said, I think I am going to pick Hardonk. I think that Mir of old is gone and we will see a KO in the 2nd round.