UFC 81 Weigh-Ins...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 81 Weigh-Ins...
Trapt1nw0nder
2/1/08 7:38:17PM
Frank Mir is IN SHAPE!!!

did anyone else watch them live?

tuvok500
2/1/08 7:39:18PM
Yep !!

Mir 255 and svelte !!

fedorwins1
2/1/08 7:40:40PM
Yeah I saw them, Mir was in shape and Lesnar looked NERVOUS. Marquardt looked HUGE compared to Horn, both Tibau and Tyson came in in amazing shape, and Sylvia was 261 (looked to be in good shape) and Nog was 233 or something like that, but he didn't look to be in "great shape".

Watching the weigh-ins got me a lot more excited for these fights.
fedorwins1
2/1/08 7:42:08PM
Also, it was really disrespectful how Martin spit in Eastman's face and then shoved him. I'm going to change my pick now and hope Eastman KTFO Martin for that.
juanez13
2/1/08 7:48:24PM
damn i onyl got to see Tim Sylvia weight in, not even nog.......ill be waiting for the re-runs....im curious to see how almeida was, and yundt....also brock and mir......
fedorwins1
2/1/08 7:53:51PM

Posted by juanez13

damn i onyl got to see Tim Sylvia weight in, not even nog.......ill be waiting for the re-runs....im curious to see how almeida was, and yundt....also brock and mir......

Yundt is a huge 185er, Almeida looked good too.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/1/08 7:54:09PM
I didnt catch the spitting part,but i did see the shove...

I already have Eastman winning...i think he is too explosive and quick for Martin....looks bigger also

I think Joe Rogan was pretty funny....when Terry Martin came out nobody was cheering and Joe said.."come on..you all have to clap at least a little"...

Calling Arianny a "Hot chick from an other planet".

It was also funny to see Tim Sylvia actually getting some love from the crowd!
SmileR
2/1/08 7:56:57PM
I missed them!! Is their a link or anything to where i can
watch them?
Kastro
2/1/08 8:01:36PM
Usually just search on yahoo! sports or even on the ufc.com website...

I forgot to watch them, and am doing so... might even change my $500 wager on Lesnar if he looked nervous at the weigh ins in front of an in-shape Frank Mir (not good)..

I have a feeling this is gonna be a great event!
SmileR
2/1/08 8:05:28PM

Posted by Kastro

Usually just search on yahoo! sports or even on the ufc.com website...

I forgot to watch them, and am doing so... might even change my $500 wager on Lesnar if he looked nervous at the weigh ins in front of an in-shape Frank Mir (not good)..

I have a feeling this is gonna be a great event!

Thanks man!

Haha if everything people said is true my picks look awesome!!
fedorwins1
2/1/08 9:06:45PM
For those of you who didn't see the weigh-ins you missed Nakamura's weird smile

The Eastman/Martin staredown was intense.

Mir came in in good shape.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
juanez13
2/1/08 9:21:51PM
rob Yundt looks like a big middle weight, lesnar looked good,and so did mir, tibau looked pretty damn big compared to tyson griffin too .....also what the **** is that on tibaus left arm, is that a real tattoo, or was he trying to pull off a sakuraba marker drawing stunt, if its a real tattoo i think it retty damn retarted
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
candynuts
2/1/08 9:24:43PM
yea Marquardt looked great, as I just cannot wait until Brock/Mir and Sylvia/Nog.

Lol at the end when Rogan was commenting on Tim actually having fans this time Tim says something like "Yea I know whats wrong with you guys" or something like that.

ohh, and I wonder how many pounds Tibau cut for this fight.
whardin19
2/1/08 9:27:28PM
Haven't got to see the weigh-ins myself, but you can bet your ass I will! No suprise on the Martin thing. That dude has always been a punk. I hope Eastman beats him but I picked Martin. Anyone know where I can watch them at. UFC.com and yahoo.com don't have them up yet.
wolfman
2/1/08 9:49:29PM
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 9:52:42PM

Posted by wolfman

Here's the full feed for anyone who missed them earlier.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=6152019&ch=2283876&src=sports

Thanks a lot. All these comments have made me want to watch it.

I'm watching it right now I can't wait to see Eastman kick Martin's ass for that
wolfman
2/1/08 10:02:44PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by wolfman

Here's the full feed for anyone who missed them earlier.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=6152019&ch=2283876&src=sports

Thanks a lot. All these comments have made me want to watch it.

I'm watching it right now I can't wait to see Eastman kick Martin's ass for that

You're welcome, bro. I'm watching it right now too because I also missed it earlier, I also hope Eastman kicks his ass. Nakamura looked emaciated!
kevietre
2/1/08 10:39:49PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Yeah I saw them, Mir was in shape and Lesnar looked NERVOUS. Marquardt looked HUGE compared to Horn, both Tibau and Tyson came in in amazing shape, and Sylvia was 261 (looked to be in good shape) and Nog was 233 or something like that, but he didn't look to be in "great shape".

Watching the weigh-ins got me a lot more excited for these fights.

I agree Mir looked Diesel but I don't think Brock looked that nervous for a quick second he did but during the Staredown I think he looked ready.

He looked nervouse right before he weighed in which mean maybe he was worried he was over 265 but I think Brock is coming to fight even though he'll get submitted I hope he puts up a good fight.
DieSlow
2/2/08 12:33:02AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Also, it was really disrespectful how Martin spit in Eastman's face and then shoved him. I'm going to change my pick now and hope Eastman KTFO Martin for that.

Hmm, well if someone came out and half head-butted me, I probably would not be too polite in return. Eastman instigated the entire thing and walked straight into Martin's face and tried to dominate him. Martin retaliated, end of story.

I'm a fan of both Eastman and Martin, but if you push your $hit in someone's face, you better expect something coming back at you.

Jackelope
2/2/08 2:08:39AM

Posted by DieSlow

Posted by fedorwins1

Hmm, well if someone came out and half head-butted me, I probably would not be too polite in return. Eastman instigated the entire thing and walked straight into Martin's face and tried to dominate him. Martin retaliated, end of story.

I'm a fan of both Eastman and Martin, but if you push your $hit in someone's face, you better expect something coming back at you.

You beat me to it. The posts had made me think it was entirely Terry Martin but Eastman came at him nose first trying to mean mug the hell out of him. I would have done the same thing Terry Martin did. Eastman totally initiated it. Eastman looked pissed from the start and Martin just looked like he was going about his business til Eastman tried to punk him out.
Gipper
2/2/08 2:28:15PM

Posted by fedorwins1

i was picking eastman anyway but now i hope he wins by brutal ko. martin is a piece of shit.
cowcatcher
2/2/08 3:17:29PM
thanks for the link wolfman
eastman looked like he instigated the contact, but whatever, these guys are going to be trying to knock each other out tonight it comes with the territory. after watching the weigh ins i am F'N excited as hell for tonights fights. maybe its the 2 monster javas i drank, but im as jittery and excited as i can remember being for a ufc probably because there are so many close matches, and unknowns coming into this event. LET'S GET IT ON!!!!
roger
2/2/08 3:41:35PM
go to five ounces of pain thay have the whole weigh ins martin was very disrespectful thats going to be a slugfest
Lay_N_Pray
2/2/08 3:42:51PM
Eastman and Martin were both being thugs about the whole thing. They are both heavy hitters so it is the attitude they always bring with them. The only way this fight ends is by KO...no sub, no decision. I see Eastman taking it though.

Sylvia looked very comfortable, I hope he doesn't underestimate Nog, which I dont think he will based on his comments, but I expect that to be a great fight.

Mir wins his fight, but I am just tired of talking about it, like Brock said, its time to fight.
Aaronno9
2/2/08 4:49:27PM
I dont care who put whos head into the other guys face first or whatever, but if he really did spit in eastmans face i hope eastman beats the shit out of him. Im suprised he didnt go after him right their if the spitting things true.

Also, Yundt looked absolutly huge for a 185er.
Rush
2/2/08 7:54:32PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I dont care who put whos head into the other guys face first or whatever, but if he really did spit in eastmans face i hope eastman beats the shit out of him. Im suprised he didnt go after him right their if the spitting things true.

Also, Yundt looked absolutly huge for a 185er.

Not to mention that spitting on someone is actually assault.