UFC 92 Weigh-In Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 92 Weigh-In Results
DCRage
12/26/08 7:27:18PM
The weigh-ins for UFC 92 have just been completed. Everyone made weight, making the entire fight card official.

Article
SpiderSilva
12/26/08 7:28:35PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh Rampage is lookin for another beatdown
Bowen50
12/26/08 7:36:03PM
it feels like it's been a few events since everyone has made weight...nice to see haha.
DCRage
12/26/08 8:40:19PM
It has been at least a couple. Wilson Gouveia missed weight for the TUF 8 Finale, Luigi Fioravanti & Brodie Farber missed at FFTT, so the last one might've been UFC 91. I'm trying to remember if anyone missed at WEC 37.
Wolfenstein
12/26/08 10:44:14PM
It's a nice switch-up to have everyone make weight without any issues.

Obviously Wanderlei is trying to intimidate Quinton, but there was no need to shove him at the weigh-ins. In my opinion it just came off as unproffesional. Big difference this time around. No 10 minute first round, no kicks or stomps, no ring, and hopefully no fasting this time around for Quinton.
jakeiceman
12/26/08 10:55:21PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Obviously Wanderlei is trying to intimidate Quinton, but there was no need to shove him at the weigh-ins. In my opinion it just came off as unproffesional. Big difference this time around. No 10 minute first round, no kicks or stomps, no ring, and hopefully no fasting this time around for Quinton.

Quinton pushed him first. The vid is up on youtube.
HumanTarget
12/26/08 11:22:10PM
Cant WAIT for this card.
Twenty20Dollars
12/26/08 11:24:26PM
you know what I just realized. There are a lot of HW fights on this card, like more than normal. Im not complaining. It just didnt really process in my mind till like now.
Wolfenstein
12/26/08 11:31:09PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Wolfenstein

I rewatched, it's hard to tell who pushed who first. It looked like Wanderlei to me, but Quinton was kind of chuckling afterwards leading me to believe maybe he was the instigator. Man I love fights with bad blood.
EvenFlow
12/26/08 11:35:05PM
why cant tomorrow be here now!!!!! (throws tantrum and kicks buddy in the shin)
jakeiceman
12/26/08 11:37:20PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Wolfenstein

I rewatched, it's hard to tell who pushed who first. It looked like Wanderlei to me, but Quinton was kind of chuckling afterwards leading me to believe maybe he was the instigator. Man I love fights with bad blood.

Yeah you can't really see Quinton push him but it says in the link above that he gave him a "push" and then Wand really gave him a shove. I guess I should have clarified, I didnt mean to make it sound like you could see Jackson push him because you can't.

Ha ha who cares right?! This is going to be a sick fight!!
Bowen50
12/26/08 11:46:07PM
idk if it's just me but it just seems like Rampage is scared to me. the look in his eyes just isn't the same as his previous fights.
Pookie
12/27/08 2:56:54AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Have to spread the love, not many people know about the fasting before the second fight
Jackelope
12/27/08 4:10:08AM

Posted by Bowen50

idk if it's just me but it just seems like Rampage is scared to me. the look in his eyes just isn't the same as his previous fights.

I think he just had a shitty weight cut. Rampage is usually pretty vocal about how much he hates cutting weight. He looked a little drawn out to me. I think he'll come in ready to bang. (although my money's on wand!)

EDIT: Also, Mir looked in good shape. I don't think it will be good enough, but he looked real strong and pretty lean for Mir.
tmas
12/27/08 7:56:16AM
wow Rashad is in Phenominal shape it looks like he really worked on his conditioning for the 5 rounds, and knowing Forrest has great cardio. He weiged in at 203 good sign for him his cardio has to be better than its ever been expect a face paced war!
DCRage
12/27/08 8:03:43AM
Part of Rashad being 203 is he likely cut just a little bit extra to ensure he made weight, and that's good for 2 reasons here-it's a title fight so no 1 pound allowance and if recent incidents have been any indication the NSAC may not give you a second chance to make weight. So better safe than sorry.
Can't wait for Rampage-Silva either, if the ref does the pre-fight rules in the cage it's going to be one of the best staredowns ever. They may not even get separated before they start fighting!
tmas
12/27/08 8:09:03AM
Mir too, he said that he was happy with the way he looks now, and hoped that the video game used the new Mir look......no doubt, he looks bigger, leaner, he is working extra hard to try and close the gap btw himself and Brock.
tmas
12/27/08 8:14:10AM
they have to give you an hour no matter what espically if title fight. Rashad is in great shape better than ever before.....plus he doesnt like to cut weight i heard him say it right out of his mouth.

He said he was a hw cause he didnt like to cut weight, so until he lost weight to either make the cut easier or just be the right weight he would be HW. Also dont forget he was a tiny HW only 220-225lbs, plus only 5'11"so he only would have had 15-20 lbs then to cut....... look at the difference in body and you can clearly see Rashad is a legit 203..
DCRage
12/27/08 9:36:15AM
They haven't given guys the hour the last couple times for what the NSAC called "safety reasons".
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
12/27/08 10:16:13AM
I'm excited for the whole main card really well except the dollaway/massenzio-it's kinda buried under the others. Massenzio by 1st rd sub anyways, is my pick.
Griffin in his jesus christ pose at the weigh ins looked fit as usual, Evans looked ready, Griffin by 4th rd sub.
I hope they show the Pat Berry fight the dude is short but looks like a bull, my guess is he steam rolls evenson and becomes one of the "next" heavyweights to watch for 09 should be a banger in that division with the guys they added this year.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/27/08 10:50:32AM
as much as i think that mass will sub cb... i got the feeling that this is the fight that will help dollaway's come back up in the rankings. I dont know, for some reason i see him grinding out a perfect ud. Take note that i still am picking mass via sub due to cb's sub past.
bustin_mma
12/27/08 2:11:13PM
Blackburn looked to be in great shape at the weigh-ins, I think he will give Chonan all sorts of trouble.
Pookie
12/27/08 5:36:53PM

Posted by bustin_mma

Blackburn looked to be in great shape at the weigh-ins, I think he will give Chonan all sorts of trouble.