Weigh-in Link

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Weigh-in Link
Pookie
4/18/08 5:21:37PM
Does anybody know how to watch it, all i know are live links and it already happened.
grappler0000
4/18/08 5:23:34PM
It should be available on UFC.com later this evening.
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 5:30:26PM
i was watching it and thinking it would be funny if serra didnt make weight hah
juanez13
4/18/08 5:32:39PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

would have been funnier if lutter didnt make wieght
grappler0000
4/18/08 5:41:58PM

Which brings up a question I've had for a long time. I know what happens when the challenger doesn't make weight...they usually fight at a catch weight without the title on the line, assuming the champion agrees to it. So, what happens if the champion doesn't make weight? When the challenger doesn't make weight, he screws himself, but if the champion doesn't make weight, it's a whole other story. Anybody?
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 6:22:06PM
I know i was holding my breath when lutter stood on the scale.

Im not sure what they do. Im sure since the challenger made the weight and the champ didnt, that dana would ask the challenger if he would still take the fight and the champ who didnt make the weight would get a small fine or some money taken out of their paycheck for the fight.

because the challenger would be screwed it was a non-title fight and the champ didnt make weight because that could be his only shot at the title. So the champ should be punished with still having to fight and paying a small fine. Cus its not like the challenger has anything to lose, to where the champ does.
grappler0000
4/18/08 6:31:04PM

I know i was holding my breath when lutter stood on the scale.

Im not sure what they do. Im sure since the challenger made the weight and the champ didnt, that dana would ask the challenger if he would still take the fight and the champ who didnt make the weight would get a small fine or some money taken out of their paycheck for the fight.

because the challenger would be screwed it was a non-title fight and the champ didnt make weight because that could be his only shot at the title. So the champ should be punished with still having to fight and paying a small fine. Cus its not like the challenger has anything to lose, to where the champ does.

I'm hoping it would be worse than a small fine...that already happens to someone if they don't make weight. If the champion is overweight, then he destroys a title opportunity for the challenger...so I hope it would be a large fine.
juanez13
4/18/08 6:35:12PM
here is the link to the weigh ins
LINK
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 10:23:50PM
i think the champ should still have to put up the title even if he doesnt make weight. or have the champ weigh in at the weight the next day.
bullettdodger
4/19/08 2:38:00AM
champ should have to forfeit the title or belt if he can't make weight, thats part of his job, thats one of the reasons he is paid all the money that he is, to make weight, and to fight.
Aaronno9
4/19/08 2:55:03AM

i think the champ should still have to put up the title even if he doesnt make weight. or have the champ weigh in at the weight the next day.

Then its even worse for the champ becouse he wont have time to put the wait back on, and its not screwing the challenger out of loosing his shot or having to fight the current champ with a weight advantage. Id add a fine on to definatly.