UFC 88 Weigh-In - Video

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 88 Weigh-In - Video
grappler0000
9/5/08 7:35:18PM
In case you missed it.

Video Link
Poohbah
9/5/08 8:57:51PM
Drawing conclusions from weigh-ins is about as accurate as reading tea leaves, but here goes:

* Matt Hamill looked a little out of it, I didn't see any focus. He seemed uncomfortable even posing with Rich.
* Mike Patt does not resemble a professional athlete. Just sayin.
* Hendo did not impress, he might be looking at an upset. Palhares looked ripped.

Just my opinion, but feel free to tear it apart.

mkiv9secsupra
9/5/08 9:09:51PM
that was definitely not lambert.....whered the man boobs go?
Rush
9/5/08 9:30:17PM

Posted by Poohbah

Drawing conclusions from weigh-ins is about as accurate as reading tea leaves, but here goes:

* Matt Hamill looked a little out of it, I didn't see any focus. He seemed uncomfortable even posing with Rich.
* Hendo did not impress, he might be looking at an upset. Palhares looked ripped.

Not going to tear into you, but I don't know where you got that about Matt and Henderson. they looked like they were there to weigh in and that was it. I mean, one could just as easily say that Palhares will lose because he almost tripped over his own feet walking up the stairs.
Poohbah
9/5/08 9:44:30PM

Posted by Rush

Not going to tear into you, but I don't know where you got that about Matt and Henderson. they looked like they were there to weigh in and that was it. I mean, one could just as easily say that Palhares will lose because he almost tripped over his own feet walking up the stairs.

Agh! He did trip! I saw that too. And I have Palhares as part of my big Parlay. I'm screwed!

gravy13
9/6/08 12:16:16AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

They're definitely still there.....
Rush
9/6/08 10:51:52AM

Posted by Poohbah

Agh! He did trip! I saw that too. And I have Palhares as part of my big Parlay. I'm screwed!

If it helps you, there is a saying about weddings. If the rehearsal is a disaster, the wedding will be flawless. If you catch my drift.
mkiv9secsupra
9/6/08 10:54:03AM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

They're definitely still there.....

but much less noticeable.....
MFOTHER
9/6/08 11:30:41AM
i felt so stupid at 87. GSP tripped taking off his shorts, and i totally saw that, as him being nervous or not 100%. one day and 5 rounds later i realized how dumb i was for even doubting him
Kastro
9/6/08 4:42:25PM
Just because someone trips or may look odd @ the weigh-ins does not mean anything at all... thats just ridiculous.

When it comes down to it its 2 guys in a cage.. the best fighter that night will win.. end of story!

On another note I made some observations about the weigh-in... Rich Franklin looked a little flabby I thought.. will be interesting to see how he performs in the octagon tonight with the weight increase..

Palhares looked JACKED, the man is cut and in great shape it looks like I hope he beats Henderson and tells him its time to hang up the gloves..

Lambert also looked really good with his cut to 185... he looked absolutely terrible the last couple times I saw him fight @ 205lbs and his cardio was absolutely shot, he looks focused and pumped and also cut and in great shape he's also gotta be aware that this is do-or-die for him to stay in the UFC and keep his MMA career in tact.
casey64
9/6/08 5:25:06PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Poohbah

He did trip didnt he. He has a lot of mass on his body too.