A Weekend in Recap - And an Annoucement from Hotrodttt

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » A Weekend in Recap - And an Annoucement from Hotrodttt
hotrodttt
7/20/08 4:19:12PM
So what's up MMA Playground and Top Posters alike, I'm really excited for Dream 5 tonight and can't wait

Annoucement: I'll be doing the Dream 5 Live Play by Play so stay up this morning because it's gonna be sick

So right now give your thoughts on the Fights that just happened and the give your Best Fight, Knockout, Submission, Surprise, and Moment of the Night

Best Fight: Ben Rothwell vs Andrei Arlovski
Knockout: Markham's Head Kick over Farber
Submission: Mark Hominick over Savant Young
Surprise: Andrei Arlovski being Agreesive Again
Moment: Fedor calling out Randy

Khaos
7/20/08 4:28:25PM
Fight of the Night:Rothwell vs Arlovski
Submision:CB Dollaway(based on originality)
Knockout: Josh Barnett over Pedro Rizzo
Suprise:Fedor winning in under a minute
Moment: Babalu actually landing a Reverse spinning heel kick(or what ever the kick is called)
juanez13
7/20/08 4:36:32PM
Best Fight: AA vs Rothwell

KO-> Markham high kick, although Barney and Anderson each with very good KO's.

Submission-> CB's peruvian necktie

Surprise-> Burns getting a TKO win when he put his fingers half way in through Rumble's eye.

although expected (AA training with freddie roach, i knew he'd be a different fighter) i have to give it to AA, he looked great.

Moment-> Sylvia falling on his face, than tapping + Fedor calling out randy

New category should be added since it has been a hot topic as of late-->>

Worst call of the Weekend-> Again Burns winning takes this, CB should have been taken a point away, no way did he think JT was off his knees. Although i picked CB, and even though a point taken away wouldnt matter that much, the ref should have done it.
hotrodttt
7/20/08 4:38:22PM

Posted by juanez13

Best Fight: AA vs Rothwell

KO-> Markham high kick, although Barney and Anderson each with very good KO's.

Submission-> CB's peruvian necktie

Surprise-> Burns getting a TKO win when he put his fingers half way in through Rumble's eye.

although expected (AA training with freddie roach, i knew he'd a different fighter) i have to give it to AA, he looked great.

Moment-> Sylvia falling on his face, than tapping + Fedor calling out randy

New category should be added since it has been a hot topic as of late-->>

Worst call of the Weekend-> Again Burns winning takes this, CB should have been taken a point away, no way did he think JT was off his knees. Although i picked CB, and even though a point taken away would matter that much, the ref should have done it.

Your right, the Markham Knockout was Great, I forgot about that
npayant
7/20/08 4:55:07PM

Posted by hotrodttt

So what's up MMA Playground and Top Posters alike, I'm really excited for Dream 5 tonight and can't wait

Annoucement: I'll be doing the Dream 5 Live Play by Play so stay up this morning because it's gonna be sick

So right now give your thoughts on the Fights that just happened and the give your Best Fight, Knockout, Submission, Surprise, and Moment of the Night

What time is the Dream 5 card on tomorrow morning?
hotrodttt
7/20/08 5:07:19PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by hotrodttt

What time is the Dream 5 card on tomorrow morning?

Tonight Starting at 12 Pacific
juanez13
7/20/08 5:39:41PM
I'll probably also be here, cant miss the event, and didnt get the event, so i'll be watching it on TVU, good thing is late, gives me a chance to go out. Love Mondays off.
npayant
7/20/08 11:01:49PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Tonight Starting at 12 Pacific

I just heard that it starts at 12:00 am Mountain????

Is it 3:00 pm that it starts in Japan? If so, can someone find a time zone calculator to figure out the difference? I'm just too lazy...

Jackelope
7/20/08 11:52:20PM

Surprise: The stunning amount of beating Rothwell was able to take. He really, really, really, really, really, really, really earned my respect there. Un-*******-believable

Moment: Fedor *giggles* then calls out Randy.