Weekend MMA Ratings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Weekend MMA Ratings
DCRage
6/3/08 7:23:19PM
Wrestling Observer just posted the weekend show ratings. The verdict in the Dana-Gary war: I say Draw.

EliteXC on CBS: 3.0 (Post-11 PM overrun with Kimbo-JT did a 4.1 with 6.5 million viewers)

Ultimate Iceman on Spike: .9 (about 980,000 viewers)

Liddell-Silva Special on Spike: 1.2 (about 1.3 million)

WEC 34: 1.4 (a little over 1.5 million)
puppetmaster837
6/3/08 7:41:07PM
I think thats a victory for Shaw. There were 3 Zuffa related shows on and them combined got half as many viewers as EliteXC
grappler0000
6/3/08 7:48:32PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I think thats a victory for Shaw. There were 3 Zuffa related shows on and them combined got half as many viewers as EliteXC

Well, you can't directly compare them, since Versus and Spike are not available in every home...not to mention, only one of the Zuffa shows was an actual live event.

Considering Ultimate Iceman and Liddell/Silva were not original programming, those are pretty respectable numbers for cable. I would say that the numbers CBS drew could be considered a success, but I'm sure Dana is smiling because he prevented an additional million or so from tuning into EliteXC.

Something else to keep in mind is that the 6.5 million viewers was when it peeked during the main event...the average viewership was much lower.
puppetmaster837
6/3/08 8:58:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by puppetmaster837

Well, you can't directly compare them, since Versus and Spike are not available in every home...not to mention, only one of the Zuffa shows was an actual live event.

Considering Ultimate Iceman and Liddell/Silva were not original programming, those are pretty respectable numbers for cable. I would say that the numbers CBS drew could be considered a success, but I'm sure Dana is smiling because he prevented an additional million or so from tuning into EliteXC.

Something else to keep in mind is that the 6.5 million viewers was when it peeked during the main event...the average viewership was much lower.

Yeah, i didnt really think about all that stuff, you are right
holt8081
6/3/08 9:10:50PM
a small battle won for shaw but everybody also saw how crapy that event was so he will lose in the long run.