Weed, etc. In MMA.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Weed, etc. In MMA.
« Previous Page
Signal2112
6/23/07 8:17:51AM
The bigger problem in Amsterdam is that the petty criminals who would sell weed end up pushing harder stuff like heroin, coke and crack. There are some real thugs on the streets there, especially in the red light district.
Roadwings
6/23/07 1:05:35PM

Posted by Signal2112

The bigger problem in Amsterdam is that the petty criminals who would sell weed end up pushing harder stuff like heroin, coke and crack. There are some real thugs on the streets there, especially in the red light district.

Who wants to see and/or F*** that saggy a$$ biatches anyways, The Netherlands is somewhat bigger then Amsterdam, and there are nice other towns with nice coffeeshops where you can buy your weed legal, no fuss.

Still i buy my weed off the streets, in the coffeeshops here they only sell marginal quality. Not to rip us off btw, but to save them stupid tourist from having THC overdoses (not as bad as it sounds ).

[ontopic]

Testing is good, i do drugs myself but i don't think it has a place within professional fighting, or sporting of any kind. Like mentioned before, these guys are not only fighters they are also rolemodels and flagcarriers of the sports. And we need them to be crisp and clean if we want to enjoy this great sport.
madmarck
6/23/07 4:05:44PM

Posted by CwB

Im sure it is a federal law.
but there are ways around stuff like that i dont know how but there are.

all I know is, last year 55% voted no. now this isnt an exact number but it was for sure in the 50 percent range im to lazy to look it up on the internet.

P.S. i didnt vote i was to high

Maybe the vote would have passed if all the smokers werent blazin up.
Aether
6/23/07 4:46:30PM
as a chronic user for a period of around a decade, I can tell you that the notion of being high giving you an advantage is a little ludicrous. I don't care if you smoked a pound of weed 5 minutes before getting into the ring... if someone shatters your orbital bone you're going to be in immense pain. If he took it he took it because he is tough and because the effects of adrenaline and shock prevented the pain from fully setting in. If anything he would be at a disadvantage fighting high as a result of reduced reation time and clouded judgment.

That being said, it is still an illegal substance, and no fighters shouldn't be ALLOWED to break the law. As much as I think that it is relatively harmless, a personal choice, and offers no unfair advantage to those that use it, it is still illegal and I can't really say that I would condone the NSAC looking the other way.
Pages: 1 [2]