With WEC and Strikeforce Ratings Up, Dana White Works for a UFC Network Deal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With WEC and Strikeforce Ratings Up, Dana White Works for a UFC Network Deal
emfleek
9/1/09 8:54:53AM
At the post-fight press conference for UFC 102 in Portland, Ore., White told MMAWeekly.com that he was flying to L.A. on Monday for another meeting with an undisclosed network.

When asked if he was finalizing a deal, White said, "I hope so... I really hope so."

STORY
ncordless
9/1/09 9:24:26AM
If the UFC comes to HBO, I will get HBO. If they don't, I am going with showtime.

(network execs lurking the forums take note)

prozacnation1978
9/1/09 10:56:44AM
my whole thing is i like getting the ufc dvd's but the fight nights cards aren't on the dvd's so having on tv means more good fights you can't own yourself.
i have hbo and showtime, i would like to see it on HBO more than any other network,
Gogoplatapus
9/1/09 11:06:08AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

my whole thing is i like getting the ufc dvd's but the fight nights cards aren't on the dvd's so having on tv means more good fights you can't own yourself.
i have hbo and showtime, i would like to see it on HBO more than any other network,

People rip them all of the time. I bet you can get every UFC fight in history.

I keep hearing Versus, but I'm thinking it's ABC/ESPN,

because of this.
emfleek
9/1/09 11:12:22AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

but I'm thinking it's ABC/ESPN,

I hope to God you're right.
imanidiot777
9/1/09 1:46:08PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

but I'm thinking it's ABC/ESPN,

I hope to God you're right.

Me too.
sclasclemski
9/1/09 4:15:35PM
thats the thought I had when they started broadcasting on ESPN in England and ABC owns espn or they are both under the same umbrella...that seems the most logical.