WEC 35 Spoilers / Discussion / Game talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 35 Spoilers / Discussion / Game talk
« Previous Page
bustin_mma
8/3/08 10:28:26PM
damn stann got lit up pretty bad there
bustin_mma
8/3/08 10:30:28PM
wow im 2-7 now perfect
ncordless
8/3/08 10:30:49PM
My picks have been pretty bad tonight, but I made a little dough at least. WAR Miura for the longshot payoff!!
MALICE
8/3/08 10:38:29PM
Damn. Had a real money parlay bet, Stan was my last fight. Can't believe he lost. Would have won decent money too. Oh Well. Crazy night of fights.
DevonFoxy
8/3/08 10:42:24PM
Hicks is a beast. That was a chin firggen props to him. Miller fight was disappointing but I can see why it was stopped but would have let it go a little longer myself....though Miller looked OUT so mebbe not.

So far good night of fights though. Get your fill of knockouts in the WEC tonight.
bustin_mma
8/3/08 10:51:34PM
how much longer till the main event anyone know, im stuck reading play by plays
ncordless
8/3/08 11:00:23PM
Great fight so far!
bustin_mma
8/3/08 11:04:09PM
condit got tossed a couple times!!
ncordless
8/3/08 11:18:37PM
TKO (exhaustion)
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/3/08 11:19:42PM
condit wouldnt cut it in the ufc
postman
8/3/08 11:19:46PM
That Condit fight was one of the best of the year so far!
DevonFoxy
8/3/08 11:19:50PM
What the heck was that at least 12 to the back of the head. WOW that was ridiculous I don't know what the heck that ref was on. BOOO is all I can say. I understand everything but come most if not all those punches hit him in the back of the head.
postman
8/3/08 11:20:24PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

condit wouldnt cut it in the ufc

I agree
Mayhem13
8/3/08 11:25:20PM
Condit is one of my favorite fighters..that fight had me scared a few times...top 5 of the year so far I think...

and on that note

I only got 3 fights right!!
Kracker_Jap
8/3/08 11:25:43PM
i just turned 300 into 8000 $$$$$

Not bad
DevonFoxy
8/3/08 11:27:04PM
I can't believe the ref didn't even give Condit a warning. did anyone else see all those hits to the back of the head? Jeesh that was ridiculous I don't think its really fair to pick and choose when you call hits to the back of the head. What can ya do heck of a fight but i don't think its top 5 imo.

Condit has skills but saying he can hang with the likes of Kos and GSp and Fitch....I think we can rule that out personally.
Mchubb316
8/3/08 11:31:35PM
I think Condit vs Miura was one of the top 5 fights of the year so far, and the best fight I have seen on a WEC. Thats what MMA is all about.
postman
8/3/08 11:32:02PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I can't believe the ref didn't even give Condit a warning. did anyone else see all those hits to the back of the head? Jeesh that was ridiculous I don't think its really fair to pick and choose when you call hits to the back of the head. What can ya do heck of a fight but i don't think its top 5 imo.

Condit has skills but saying he can hang with the likes of Kos and GSp and Fitch....I think we can rule that out personally.

After your second post I decided to look at it in slow mo on the DVR and I only saw one shot for sure maybe you could say 2. Almost every shot hit his ear so I don't know if you can replay it but looks clean to me.
Jackelope
8/3/08 11:33:43PM
There were definitely some illegal blows but they were in the midst of flurries so I can understand Rosenthal not stopping the fight. Still, there's some merit to calling out the blows to the back of the head.

Anyway, definitely top 5 FOTY candidate for me. Back and forth, vast array of technique, and a huge knee to start the finish. Both have warrior's hearts.

I may be the only one to say this- but I think this improves Condit's status in my eyes. You never really know what a fighter is really made of til you see him survive a war like this.
DevonFoxy
8/3/08 11:36:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

I may be the only one to say this- but I think this improves Condit's status in my eyes. You never really know what a fighter is really made of til you see him survive a war like this.

I agree with on this I think Condit is better than what I've seen before I always thought he was a sloppy striker though. He was def. gassed in the third though which with a conditioned fighter of top ten I think would have jumped all over that.

Condit is still young though so he def. has time but I think right now all this hype over him may be a little premature. In the future heck who knows I'll be the first on his bandwagon but I really don't think he's a top ten WW. Just my opinion. He's still young so all he has is time to get better.

Edit: would prop but you all that spread the love stuff.
postman
8/3/08 11:39:47PM
The pace of that fight would make it hard for anyone not to gas. You don't see many fights that go that hard for that long.
roger
8/3/08 11:55:52PM
wow i suck
Jackelope
8/4/08 12:40:11AM

Posted by roger

wow i suck

LOL! Props that made me laugh
Lord_Lenny
8/4/08 12:45:03AM

Posted by Mchubb316

I think Condit vs Miura was one of the top 5 fights of the year so far, and the best fight I have seen on a WEC. Thats what MMA is all about.

i thought Torres vs Maeda, and Faber vs Pulver were both better fights, with this being third WEC fight of the year
RMFG_187
8/4/08 3:47:35AM
That was a FOTY candidate, but Condit is wayyy overrated. Definitely not UFC worthy. and #9? wtf? .
Kpro
8/4/08 12:09:49PM

Posted by RMFG_187

I like my Hammock

I will need it back when you are through with it
Pages: 1 2 [3]