WEC 35 Spoilers / Discussion / Game talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 35 Spoilers / Discussion / Game talk
Next Page »
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:06:15PM
I guess I can do the WEC Spoilers/ Play by Play. BTW im stealing it from Sherdog, and MMAJunkie

***Results***

Scott Jorgensen Defeats Kenfi Osawa - Round 3 Unanimous Decision (30-27)

Mike Budnik Defeats Greg McIntyre by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:21 of Round 3

Shane Roller Defeats Todd Moore by Submission (Guillotine) at 3:00 of Round 1

Blas Avena Defeats Dave Terrel by TKO (Strikes) at 1:07 of Round 1

Brock Larson Defeats Carlo Prater by TKO (Strikes) at 0:37 of Round 1

Josh Grispi Defeats Micah Miller by TKO (Strikes) at 0:50 of Round 1

Brian Bowles Defeats Damacio Page by Submission (Guillotine) at 3:30 of Round 1

Jamie Varner Defeats Marcus Hicks By TKO (Strikes) at 2:08 Round 1 and Remains Light Weight Champ

Steve Cantwell Defeats Brian Stann By TKO (Strikes) at 4:01 of Round 2 and Becomes The New Light Heavy Weight Champ

***Play By Play Round By Round***

Scott Jorgensen vs. Kenji Osawa
Round 1
The two face off and throw a few range finding jabs. Jorgensen quickly shoots in and takes Osawa down. Osawa having hard time getting up. Jorgensen has good ground attack and lands several punches. Not much action but Osawa is clearly losing. Fight still on the ground with Jorgensen in control with decent ground-n-pound. Osawa escapes the attacks by applying a tight guillotine. The choke is pretty tight but Jorgensen is defending it. Jorgensen frees himself and the round ends. 10-9 Jorgensen.

Round 2
Round begins and Jorgensen quickly tries to take Osawa down again. Osawa is sprawling nicely. Jorgensen not landing any strikes but still is looking for double and single legs. Oswawa still defending well. Jorgensen brings Osawa down but is caught in a crucifix. Osawa has Jorensen's arm trapped but isn't capitalizing. Jorgensen still trapped but looks calm and collected. Jorgensen escapes from the position and reverses the Japanese fighter and lands in side control. Jorgensen lands some good elbows and hammer fists. The round ends. Very close round. 10-9 Jorgensen.

Round 3
Jorgensen scores a takedown early. Osawa not able to escape and is being pinned down. Jorgensen landing some decent strikes, but nothing really damaging. Crowd starting to grow restless from the lack of action. Jorgensen passes Osawa's guard late. He's in side control. Jorgensen gets Osawa's back and looking for a rear naked choke. Osawa defends but is eating some punches. The round ends and Jorgensen can't close the show. 10-9 Jorgensen. All three ringside judges score the fight 30-27 for Jorgensen. Decent scrap to start the afternoon.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
Mike Budnik VS. Greg Mcintyre
Round 1
McIntyre scores a takedown quickly, and immediately looks to ground and pound. McIntyre controls form this position for the remainder of the round. As time expires, Budnik attempts a triangle choke, but McIntyre easily escapes. MMAjunkie.com score the round 10-9 for McIntyre.

Round 2
Budnik scores a solid spinning back kick early, but McIntyre battles through it and starts working the ground and pound again. Nothing real effective from the ground, and Budnik is able to escape. The round continues in this pattern through the end, with McIntyre dominating with multiple takedowns, but unable to score anything solid once there. MMAjunkie.com gives the second to McIntyre, 10-9.

Round 3
McIntyre again takes Budnik down, and again starts with the ground and pound strategy. More of the same for the majority of the round. As time is winding down, Budnik again throws up a triangle, but this time it's locked in. McIntyre can not escape, and is forced to tap. Mike Budnik def. Greg McIntyre by submission (triangle choke) -- Round 3, 3:21.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
Todd Moore vs. Shane Roller
Round 1
Moore starts out as the aggressor, and lands several heavy blows. Moore then looks to take the fight to the mat, but Roller sinks in a guillotine. Moore works free and begins to launch a ground and pound offense. Roller again tries for the guillotine, and this time secures it. Shane Roller def. Todd Moore via submission (guillotine choke) -- Round 1, 3:00.

Blas Avena vs. Dave Terrel
Round 1
Avena and Terrel open quickly, trading shots. Avena quickly attempts a guillotine, but Terrel works free and the fighters trade blows again. Avena tags Terrel with a knee, then Terrel drops with a punch. Avena pounces on Terrel, and throws several more strikes forcing the stoppage. Blas Avena def. Dave Terrel via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 1:07.

Brock Larson vs. Carlo Prater
Round 1
Larson lands a big left straight to start the fight that puts Prater down immediately. Larson follows up with strikes on the ground before the referee stops it.

Josh Grispi vs. Micah Miller
Round 1
opens the fight by landing good leg kicks on Miller. Miller actually ends up on the ground where Grispi hits him with more leg kicks, but the fight is stood back up. On the feet, Grispi lands a big overhand right hand, putting Miller on the mat. Grispi follows up with a few more strikes before the fight is stopped. Miller pops up immediately protesting. Questionable stoppage.

Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page
Round 1
The fighters open with big strikes early on as Page comes out aggressive and Bowles counters. Bowles ends up on top after an exchange and goes for a guillotine choke, but Page gets out and works a ground and pound attack. The fight gets back up as the fighters start to trade again. Bowles shoots for a takedown, Page sprawls and then goes for a single leg takedown of his own. Page leaves his head up and Bowles immediately grabs hold of another guillotine choke and Page is submitted.

CHAMP Jamie Varner vs. Marcus Hicks (for lightweight title)
Round 1
Hicks comes out strong early on, pushing for the clinch and locks on a guillotine choke. Varner recognizes the danger and is able to get out. Hicks is able to take Varner down a couple of more times, but cannot keep the champion down. Back on the feet, Varner starts landing big shots, including some devastating knees. Hicks hangs on, but Varner just keeps unloading before Hicks finally falls to the mat and the fight is stopped.

CHAMP Brian Stann vs. Steve Cantwell (for light-heavyweight title)
Round 1
Cantwell looks strong early on landing good punches and combinations on the champion. Stann weathers the storm as the two fighters begin to trade heavy strikes. Cantwell seems to get the better of the exchange as they end up in the clinch. Back on the feet, Cantwell still performing well, but he slips and on his back he eats some good shots from Stann on the ground.
MMAWeekly scores R1 10-9 for Steve Cantwell

Round 2
Cantwell comes right back after Stann again in the 2nd round as he throws a variety of strikes at the champion. Cantwell lands some very good body shots and knees, as Stann tries to defend with some straight punches of his own. Cantwell catches Stann with a combination and he follows up with a barrage of strikes until Stann crumbles to the mat as referee Herb Dean steps in to stop the fight.

CHAMP Carlos Condit vs. Hiromitsu Miura (for welterweight title)
Round 1
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:08:52PM
LMAO damnit, im already out of my Camps survivor pool, on the VERY FIRST FIGHT of the night and the VERY FIRST fight of the pool. Friggin awesome
hotrodttt
8/3/08 7:09:49PM
No ! I looked at my Fight Companion and it says I picked Osowa and I know for a fact that I had Jorgenson Winning
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/3/08 7:10:40PM
this sucks lol, dropped my parlay
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:14:04PM
lol I think Sherdog is down, They must've caught me
hotrodttt
8/3/08 7:16:33PM
Since Sherdog is down

Greg McIntyre vs. Mike Budnik
R1- McIntyre takes the fight to the ground early on and proceeds to work a ground and pound attack for basically the entirety of the round. With little time left in the round, Budnik tries for a triangle choke, but McIntyre gets out.

R2- Budnik caught McIntyre with a spinning back kick to open the round, but McIntyre survives. McIntyre basically takes Budnik down numerous times throughout the remainder of the round, but is unable to capitalize with any real offense.

R3- McIntyre gets the fight to the ground again in this round and starts to work a ground and pound attack. Budnick locks on a triangle choke late in the session and McIntyre is unable to get out and taps.

Mike Budnick def. Greg McIntyre by submission (triangle choke) at 3:21, R3
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/3/08 7:17:40PM
hotdrottt thanks for the updates man
Kpro
8/3/08 7:17:56PM

Posted by hotrodttt

No ! I looked at my Fight Companion and it says I picked Osowa and I know for a fact that I had Jorgenson Winning

I switched from Jorgensen UD to Osawa UD with about 30 minutes left before picks locked. Nice way to dump 14 points.
wolfman
8/3/08 7:19:57PM
Wow, there goes $15,000....thanks a lot Greg! Sounds like he had that (uneventful) fight won, but he had to go and get caught in a triangle with less than two mins. to go...WEAK!
hotrodttt
8/3/08 7:20:24PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by hotrodttt

I switched from Jorgensen UD to Osawa UD with about 30 minutes left before picks locked. Nice way to dump 14 points.

Yeah I should be 2-0 with 16 Points but now I'm 1-1 with 5 Points
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:22:16PM
lmao 0-2 0 points, but no money lost. I hop to gain $$$
ncordless
8/3/08 7:25:15PM
0-2 so far... at least I haven't lost any money.
wolfman
8/3/08 7:29:06PM
When is the next fight going to start? I'm getting restless.
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:31:17PM
no word yet.

hey does anyone know how I can make a webpage automaticly refresh every 30 seconds or so?
hotrodttt
8/3/08 7:35:02PM

Posted by RMFG_187

no word yet.

hey does anyone know how I can make a webpage automaticly refresh every 30 seconds or so?

Yeah just go to the page you want and when you want to refresh then just press F5 on your keyboard
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:35:10PM
hey anyone wanna do a Location bet on Hicks Varner, for 1 week, I got Hicks
iwannabesedated
8/3/08 7:35:53PM
2 and 0 so far...i had Jorgensen in my parlay...I just need Paige to win and ill hit my parlay..not that i can win alot anyways...my bankroll is weak.
juanez13
8/3/08 7:41:01PM

Posted by wolfman

Wow, there goes $15,000....thanks a lot Greg! Sounds like he had that (uneventful) fight won, but he had to go and get caught in a triangle with less than two mins. to go...WEAK!

same, there goes my 600$ parlay

1-1, hit the Jorgenson fight perfect though
Kpro
8/3/08 7:43:04PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Why not. Ill take Varner.
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:43:36PM
Wait, where Will us Canadians be able to watch... TSN is showing Colts Redskins HOF Game.

Plz let it be a typo,
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:44:51PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by RMFG_187

lol ur on

Varner has a chance
wolfman
8/3/08 7:45:21PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wolfman

same, there goes my 600$ parlay

1-1, hit the Jorgenson fight perfect though

Yeah, I also nailed the Jorgenson fight.
Kpro
8/3/08 7:47:06PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Kpro

Posted by RMFG_187

lol ur on

Varner has a chance

Your location will read "Using Kpro's jockstrap as a hammock" when Varner TKO's him :)
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:49:11PM
mine isnt even half as good as that.... now i knida hope u win
iwannabesedated
8/3/08 7:50:05PM
www.mmaweekly.com is the best PBP

QUICK RESULTS:
Blas Avena def. Dave Terrell by TKO (strikes on the ground) at 1:07, R1
Shane Roller def. Todd Moore by submission (guillotine choke) at 3:00, R1
Mike Budnick def. Greg McIntyre by submission (triangle choke) at 3:21, R3
Scott Jorgensen def. Kenji Osawa by unanimous decision (30-27) on all judges scorecards, R3

IM 2/2 and i had Avena picked but switched earlier today
juanez13
8/3/08 7:51:50PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

www.mmaweekly.com is the best PBP

QUICK RESULTS:
Blas Avena def. Dave Terrell by TKO (strikes on the ground) at 1:07, R1
Shane Roller def. Todd Moore by submission (guillotine choke) at 3:00, R1

SHIT! just dropped those 2......WEAK 1-3 now
ncordless
8/3/08 7:52:36PM
1-3... but my parley is still alive!
RMFG_187
8/3/08 7:56:56PM
There goes 50 000$

Damnit Terrel!

1-3 with 7 points. yay Shane

EDIT: actually 60 000.
Aaronno9
8/3/08 7:57:35PM
1-3. My picks have been sucking pretty bad lately.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/3/08 7:59:43PM
ahh damn i knew i shouldve listened to my gut on the roller moore fight. still i got avena perfect
Pages: [1] 2 3