WEC 36 Results (*Spoilers*)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC 36 Results (*Spoilers*)
MMAcca
11/6/08 1:20:34AM
QUICK RESULTS:

-Mike Brown def. Urijah Faber by TKO (Strikes) at 2:23, R1
-Chael Sonnen def. Paulo Filho by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27), R3
-Leonard Garcia def. Jens Pulver by TKO (Strikes) at 1:12, R1
-Jake Rosholt def. Nissen Osterneck by TKO (Strikes) at 3:48, R2
-Donald Cerrone def. Rob McCullough by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-27), R3
-Aaron Simpson def. David Avellan by KO (Punch) at 0:18, R1
-Jose Aldo def. Jonathan Brookins by TKO (Strikes) at 0:45, R3
-Carmelo Marrero def. Steve Steinbeiss by Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29), R3
-Danny Castillo def. Rafael Dias by TKO (Strikes) at 2:54, R2
-Rani Yahya def. Yoshiro Maeda by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 3:30, R1

LINK
Lethal
11/6/08 1:24:52AM
Wow, almost all the big name lost tonight...
MMAcca
11/6/08 1:26:20AM

Posted by Lethal

Was good for secondary league parlay though.....
xAcidburNx
11/6/08 2:16:57AM
ive lost all faith in pulver. such a shame
supatolacyl
11/6/08 4:50:30AM
Hey anyone know if Filho gave his belt to Sonnen??
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/6/08 7:48:05AM
I did amazing as I seem to always do with WEC events, 1 fight wrong and yeah the Faber but whats up with the site it hasn't updated a thing yet, usually they're on this shit hmmmm.
Hope it gets updated today
4u2nv
11/6/08 8:55:00AM
It was a night of upsets. Filho's fight was completely lame. Dude had to be on drugs he was talking and looking at someone next to him the whole fight. Cheal has no punching power what so ever. It seemed like neither one of them wanted to fight till Filho threw a kick and 2 crosses at the end of the 3rd round but if not just laid on his back and was lame.
Jens showed his age tonight and the fact he doesn't have that solid of a chin anymore. He got Rocked bad and shook it off and then but hit again and fell back into the cage instead of maybe shooting in so he could get his bearings back... idk
Faber... i think it all got to his head and his Andy Silva "like" moves left him open and walking into a sick cross/right hook that knocked him out cold. Now we'll see what he's made of and see if he can make it back up for a rematch. He still looked very good out there, he couldn't slam or take down Brown easily bc he had good TTD and was the same size if not bigger the Faber.
But again a night filled this medicore fights and i couldn't ever see myself buying them on PPV.
gsquat
11/6/08 9:40:51AM
How is Garcia over Pulver an upset? Seriously, how couldn't everyone have seen that coming? I think false hope was given when he went the distance with the overrated Faber.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/6/08 9:42:13AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Lethal

Was good for secondary league parlay though.....

I second that
gsquat
11/6/08 9:44:31AM
why isn't it updated in our picks yet?
gartface
11/6/08 10:44:33AM

Posted by gsquat

How is Garcia over Pulver an upset? Seriously, how couldn't everyone have seen that coming? I think false hope was given when he went the distance with the overrated Faber.

Pretty bold to say Urijah Faber is overrated. The guy got caught by Mike Brown, who might I add looked like he was about 160-165lbs last night. The guy is huge for 145.
jahdoug
11/6/08 10:46:02AM
Personally i am not upset w/ Fabers loss and im even more a fan now...he didnt do the Chael Sonnen Pitter-patter point sparring BS....Faber tried some ill Ninja shit that would have been awesome if it worked...
In japan that guy would be a hero for fighting in an exciting way. Plus he showed hi speed early, id love to see this rematch.
emfleek
11/6/08 10:52:37AM
I bombed this event picks-wise but I pulled through on a $7,000+ parlay with Yahya->Sonnen->Cowboy!
gsquat
11/6/08 12:47:27PM
No. I think Faber is overrated and got what was inevitable.

Fleek: I spunked this one on the picks too. I'm sure everyone did. But I too made like 6000 on Garcia. Made a little in the Faber fight too.

WHY WONT THEY APPLY THE RESULTS???
emfleek
11/6/08 12:58:39PM

Posted by gsquat

Fleek: I spunked this one on the picks too. I'm sure everyone did. But I too made like 6000 on Garcia. Made a little in the Faber fight too.

No, I mean REEEEEALLY bad. I stopped counting once I got to 1-7.

1 friggin' correct pick. Pattttttttthetic.
gsquat
11/6/08 1:04:30PM
Sorry. That does suck. I think I got at least four right. But hey, thats why its the secondary league. Doesn't matter as much.

Edit: 5-5 ... still ew.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/6/08 7:15:35PM
whats going on results, update the site yo, whoever you are.