WEC 33 Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 33 Results (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
3/26/08 6:14:13PM
The prelims are scheduled to start at 6:30 PM ET, TV fights begin at 9 PM ET. I'll do prelim results, then let the field do TV since I'll be out by then. Enjoy the fights!

Logan Clark beat Scott Harper by TKO at 4:37 of round 1.
Kenji Osawa vs. Chris Manuel ends in a Draw. 29-28 Osawa, 29-28 Manuel, 28-28.
Alex Serdyukov beat Ryan Stonitsch by submission (triangle choke) at 1:35 of round 1.
Rich Crunkilton beat Sergio Gomez by unanimous decision, 30-27, 30-26, 29-28.
Brock Larson beat John Alessio by DQ (illegal knee to head) at 1:50 of round 1.
Hiromitsu Miura beat Blas Avena by TKO at 2:35 of round 1.
Steve Cantwell beat Tim McKenzie by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:13 of round 1.
Marcus Hicks beat Ed Ratcliff by submission (guillotine) at 1:42 of round 1.
Chael Sonnen beat Bryan Baker by unanimous decision, 1 30-26 and 2 30-25s.
Brian Stann beat WEC Light Heavyweight Champion Doug Marshall by TKO (strikes) at 1:35 of round 1 to become THE NEW WEC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Worth noting that McKenzie's pimpin' mohawk clearly was the look of the night.
wolfman
3/26/08 7:16:20PM
LMAO Draw!?!? Damn, I was thinking it might go to a draw from the play-by-play on MMAWeekly and Sherdog. As it sounded like a fight that was too close to call. Well, there goes the hot bout for everyone.
xposipx
3/26/08 7:16:30PM
hahaha. the hot event ends in a split draw. nice.

that fight sounded really slow and boring too according to the sherdog pbp. oh well, that's one of the few i was really unsure about anyway.
tap_or_snap
3/26/08 7:18:24PM
anyone know if the next closest fight from the stat page will now be the hot bout?
xposipx
3/26/08 7:18:47PM
Nope, just lower scores for all.
wolfman
3/26/08 7:19:07PM

Posted by xposipx

that fight sounded really slow and boring too according to the sherdog pbp. oh well, that's one of the few i was really unsure about anyway.

Crazy, posted within 10 seconds of each other. Yeah, I changed my pick from Kenji UD to Manuel UD at the last minute, and was unsure as well. Phew, I was worried for a second that Kenji was going to pull of the UD as MMAWeekly had it two rounds to one, for Kenji.
tap_or_snap
3/26/08 7:19:32PM
oh well at least i dont get to lose another hot bout
wolfman
3/26/08 7:21:00PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

oh well at least i dont get to lose another hot bout

Yeah, it sucks to lose the hot bout....As it is worth so many friggin' points.
xposipx
3/26/08 7:21:38PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by xposipx

Crazy, posted within 10 seconds of each other. Yeah, I changed my pick from Kenji UD to Manuel UD at the last minute, and was unsure as well. Phew, I was worried for a second that Kenji was going to pull of the UD as MMAWeekly had it two rounds to one, for Kenji.

I had the exact same pick for Manuel UD. I think he caused the draw by dominating the final round after probably losing the previous two.
tap_or_snap
3/26/08 7:22:17PM
yeah i know mate, just check y sig for proof
xposipx
3/26/08 7:22:25PM
Time for Stonitsch to own.
grappler0000
3/26/08 7:23:10PM

Posted by wolfman

Well, there goes the hot bout for everyone.

Well, that works for me...I've got the Hot Bout curse.
xposipx
3/26/08 7:23:52PM
Hot bouts are my weak spot too. ESPECIALLY on the secondary league when it's between two guys (or girls) with no experience who I have no way of researching.
DCRage
3/26/08 7:24:04PM

Posted by xposipx

And just as you say that, he gets owned.
xposipx
3/26/08 7:24:44PM

Posted by xposipx

or not
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/26/08 7:26:04PM
stonitsch trips over his own feet wich sends him across the cage...

sucks i had him winning
wolfman
3/26/08 7:26:05PM

Posted by xposipx

Damn! Looks like my hometown dude came out too fast and aggressive, as he got caught in a choke. I was worried that he was going to lose as this was his first high profile fight. I knew Alex had fought the better competition of the two, yet he has never really impressed me that much. Damn, that is a disappointing outcome!
xposipx
3/26/08 7:28:59PM
Kind of funny the televised portion doesn't start for another hour and a half while only 2 prelims remain.
wolfman
3/26/08 7:30:35PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

stonitsch trips over his own feet wich sends him across the cage...

sucks i had him winning

Even though the outcome sucks, I can't help but laugh at that. Looks like the big fight jitters got to him as he was too aggressive and ended up tripping himself. Would have liked to see how this fight would have ended if he had not tripped into such a bad situation. Of course, the same outcome could have happened, I am just mad that happened to him.....
wolfman
3/26/08 7:33:21PM

Posted by xposipx

Kind of funny the televised portion doesn't start for another hour and a half while only 2 prelims remain.

Yeah, that is pretty crazy. The Sergio/Crunkilton fight should go fast also, and the Alessio/Larson fight could easily go all three rounds.
xposipx
3/26/08 7:35:23PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by xposipx

Yeah, that is pretty crazy. The Sergio/Crunkilton fight should go fast also, and the Alessio/Larson fight could easily go all three rounds.

Yeah I'm hoping Crunk will pull off a sub early, but I had a funny feeling Gomez might pull an upset. We'll see. I picked Crunk anyways.

Larson/Alessio could easily be FOTN material and I'm leaving the spoilers before it happens in case it's televised. I took Larson via UD. I think he should be able to dictate the pace and keep Alessio on his back hopefully.
wolfman
3/26/08 7:39:53PM
Yep, I'm also leaving the spoilers after the crunk fight. Sergio definitely has the ability to pull off the upset as you said. Yet, I think we should end up right with a Cleat sub in the 1st or 2nd. I also went for Larson via UD, hotrodttt was able to convince me that he should pull off the W. It is a close fight , as I originally had Alessio to win.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/26/08 8:14:22PM

Posted by wolfman

Yep, I'm also leaving the spoilers after the crunk fight. Sergio definitely has the ability to pull off the upset as you said. Yet, I think we should end up right with a Cleat sub in the 1st or 2nd. I also went for Larson via UD, hotrodttt was able to convince me that he should pull off the W. It is a close fight , as I originally had Alessio to win.

I think you made a good choice going with Larson.
Good Call
DCRage
3/26/08 8:20:30PM
More controversy. Larson wins by DQ due to Alessio hitting an illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent.
tberg420
3/26/08 8:21:03PM
How the heck do you score that?
tap_or_snap
3/26/08 8:22:55PM
im thinking a first round win for larson just nobody gets the +2 for the method or +4 for everything correct
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/26/08 8:24:24PM
Damn stupid endings!
wolfman
3/26/08 8:43:50PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

im thinking a first round win for larson just nobody gets the +2 for the method or +4 for everything correct

Actually I think since it's a DQ, no one gets jack.
DCRage
3/26/08 8:43:50PM
They just did MIura-Avena as a prelim, surprised me because all indications were it was going to be a TV fight. That makes just 4 Versus fights but if a couple of the TV fights end quickly we should see some prelims.
Pookie
3/26/08 9:13:48PM
cantwell sub 1
-domination, very impressive.
Pages: [1] 2 3