WEC 48 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 48 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
jae_1833
4/25/10 12:33:46AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by jae_1833

Well...that round may have just killed WEC's future PPV chances.....what a stinker!

Was that a joke? A slow fifth round kills what has been an incredible card?

Just stating my opinion in the casual fan.....not that I think the card sucked at all....just that a lot of casuals get turned off real easy!
gartface
4/25/10 12:33:54AM

Posted by postman

Posted by gartface

Aldo is amazing. And is it pronounced Joe-ze or Hoe-ze?

Depends who you ask

I would assume in Portuguese you would pronounce the J.
postman
4/25/10 12:35:24AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Posted by gartface

Depends who you ask

LOL no clue I think your right but I am not sure. Nothing worse the Renzo instead of Henzo
AchillesHeel
4/25/10 12:35:54AM
I wonder how long will it be before people are criticizing Aldo for not finishing Faber...
sbulldavid
4/25/10 12:36:00AM
Aldo looks like a tiny Pedro Rizzo.
gartface
4/25/10 12:37:31AM

Posted by postman

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Posted by gartface

Depends who you ask

LOL no clue I think your right but I am not sure. Nothing worse the Renzo instead of Henzo

It's so difficult to tell because in soccer a lot of players i.e. Ronaldinho have the R pronounced instead of an H, but they also pronounce players like Josue with the J... So confusing.
postman
4/25/10 12:37:39AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I wonder how long will it be before people are criticizing Aldo for not finishing Faber...

I will second that hey gartface where the pod casts been?
jae_1833
4/25/10 12:37:40AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Now.....I have a freind text me and ask if he trains with A silva because of his manager.....he was pissed and thinks it is some sort of Brazilian conspiracy....thinks that Machida is involved and every thing!
gartface
4/25/10 12:40:00AM

Posted by postman

Posted by AchillesHeel

I was out of town two weeks ago, and my partner lives a few hours away. His laptop is broken, he's supposed to get it back Monday, so expect a long podcast or two this week.

Glad you asked though man, sorry for the layoff. Not something I was hoping would happen.

Love the support, and I'll message you immediately when it's up!
postman
4/25/10 12:41:49AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Posted by AchillesHeel

I was out of town two weeks ago, and my partner lives a few hours away. His laptop is broken, he's supposed to get it back Monday, so expect a long podcast or two this week.

Glad you asked though man, sorry for the layoff. Not something I was hoping would happen.

Since I started listening to you I have been hitting sherdog and MMAjunkie radio up I now pretty much listen to mma all day long its kinda insane
gartface
4/25/10 12:44:07AM
Haha that's awesome. Hopefully ours won't be too low quality compared to theirs when we get going again. But I have to be careful what I say in the forums, I don't want to "advertise."
ncordless
4/25/10 12:47:17AM
How may people thought that Aldo would get Faber in a crucifix? I have seen a lot of finds stopped from that position.

Aldo didn't finish, but he did do everything else right in that fight and is a top p4p fighter for sure.

EDIT: Also, anyone else wish Aldo could have used some soccer kicks in that fight... an Aldo soccer kick would be just about the most devastating thing in mma.
grappler0000
4/25/10 12:48:28AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Posted by AchillesHeel

Yeah, let me know too please.
postman
4/25/10 12:48:48AM
No worries looking forward to it
grappler0000
4/25/10 12:50:11AM

Posted by ncordless

How may people thought that Aldo would get Faber in a crucifix? I have seen a lot of finds stopped from that position.

Aldo didn't finish, but he did do everything else right in that fight and is a top p4p fighter for sure.

Yeah, I'd say he deserves to be in the P4P talks now for sure.
gartface
4/25/10 12:50:20AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Posted by AchillesHeel

Yeah, let me know too please.

Definitely will. If his computer isn't in, I may fly solo or get a guest host. But I'll have to talk to him about it first.

You don't know how glad that makes me that you guys want to hear some more. I have a lot of fun doing it, just unfortunate his computer crashed.
ncordless
4/25/10 12:50:34AM
me, too gart.
postman
4/25/10 12:50:42AM

Posted by ncordless

EDIT: Also, anyone else wish Aldo could have used some soccer kicks in that fight... an Aldo soccer kick would be just about the most devastating thing in mma.

Yeah that was a mean one too he locked it up tight
jae_1833
4/25/10 12:58:13AM

Posted by ncordless

Soccer kicks would have ended it for sure....stomps too.
postman
4/25/10 1:00:36AM
All that talk about this being his home away from home made me think he might not have wanted to finish the home town boy and upset the fans, Image is everything
gartface
4/25/10 1:19:36AM

Posted by postman

All that talk about this being his home away from home made me think he might not have wanted to finish the home town boy and upset the fans, Image is everything

I really like Aldo, I think he's being genuine in his approach.
ncordless
4/25/10 1:33:00AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

I really like Aldo, I think he's being genuine in his approach.

Jose Aldo is and has been my favorite fighter for a while now. He has a great story about coming from the slums at 15 years old to Nova Uniao and living in the gym for years soaking it all up, he has the goods to be one of the greatest fighters ever, and he is both insane to watch in the ring and a respectable person out of it.

He and Jon Jones are about the same age, and as good as Jones is, think about how much more mature Aldo's game is. Faber tried to shoot a takedown a few times and there was no chance. Aldo had Faber in mount, back mount, and a crucifix. The things that people thought might be his weakness are not a weakness at all. 23 years old and hopefully we have a long future of watching the great career of one of the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]