WEC 38 Results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 38 Results
« Previous Page
loller90278
1/26/09 12:29:51AM
lets be honest here. im usually not one to be upset by a fighters antics but this got to me. after the knee, varner grabs his head and not his eye. a couple minutes later after the fight is called off he trys to get up and stumbles (disoriented? maybe) then he walks to the center and starts limping (what..?). Also, when he was given the interview, he said he blamed his hand being broken in the 2nd round. and also he started apologizing and crying saying "he's better than that." which is usually because of guilt coming in. I felt like he knew cerrone was going to go all out in the 5th round and was gaining momentum.

maybe im wrong all counts here and ill have to rewatch it, but it definitely came off that way to me on first glance.
Shawn91111
1/26/09 12:33:15AM

Posted by loller90278

lets be honest here. im usually not one to be upset by a fighters antics but this got to me. after the knee, varner grabs his head and not his eye. a couple minutes later after the fight is called off he trys to get up and stumbles (disoriented? maybe) then he walks to the center and starts limping (what..?). Also, when he was given the interview, he said he blamed his hand being broken in the 2nd round. and also he started apologizing and crying saying "he's better than that." which is usually because of guilt coming in. I felt like he knew cerrone was going to go all out in the 5th round and was gaining momentum.

maybe im wrong all counts here and ill have to rewatch it, but it definitely came off that way to me on first glance.

But why would he say screw it im quitting, he was winning imo 3 rounds to 1 at that point and could have took Cerrone down and LNP at that point if he was gassed. If you look at the replay and slow motion its obvious he had his head whipped back from the knee.
FrankTheTank1181
1/26/09 12:37:40AM
Apologizing and crying are signs of guilt?
loller90278
1/26/09 1:03:45AM
the way he said it, yes. thats how it looked to me. he kept apologizing like it was his fault. if somebody kneed me on the ground and it couldnt see, i wouldn't be crying and apologizing, i would be ticked off. Especially if i was winning
FrankTheTank1181
1/26/09 1:10:13AM
Just because you would react that way doesn't mean he would, but I see your point. It just seemed to me he was upset and apologetic because he couldn't continue in what was a great fight.
loller90278
1/26/09 1:14:10AM
point well taken. ill reserve my judgments until i see the fight one more time, or a medical report or something to legitimize the ending of that fight.

on a sidenote -- why would he say "im better than that" in the interview? i dunno, i'm going to drop this. i dont want to bash any fighter
FrankTheTank1181
1/26/09 1:19:16AM
Probably a good idea cause it seems like you are looking for something to bash on. I mean when it comes down to it, Cerrone was the one who threw the knee to a downed opponent, whether he meant to or not.
Pookie
1/26/09 1:45:29AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Probably a good idea cause it seems like you are looking for something to bash on. I mean when it comes down to it, Cerrone was the one who threw the knee to a downed opponent, whether he meant to or not.

in all fairness, varner wasnt down on 3 points when he threw the knee, but he was when it connected.
casey64
1/26/09 9:04:58AM
Good night of fights, some good tkos, the Varner thing is questinable but the fight card was good.
emfleek
1/26/09 9:29:44AM
WAR COWBOY

My only wish for last night's event was that Cerrone would beat Varner and when Varner came out wearing sunglasses INDOORS...well, that solidified it for me.

Cowboy is gonna be a force.
imanidiot777
1/26/09 10:27:51AM

He is kind of right about that. It isn't that he just apologized it is that he kept doing it. When you keep repeating yourself you are usually trying to cover something up.
loller90278
1/26/09 1:43:31PM

Posted by imanidiot777

He is kind of right about that. It isn't that he just apologized it is that he kept doing it. When you keep repeating yourself you are usually trying to cover something up.

thanks man, i was thinking im the only one that thought that
FrankTheTank1181
1/26/09 4:23:57PM

Posted by Pookie

in all fairness, varner wasnt down on 3 points when he threw the knee, but he was when it connected.

That's why I said whether he meant to or not.
FrankTheTank1181
1/26/09 4:26:04PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by imanidiot777

thanks man, i was thinking im the only one that thought that

I get what you guys are saying, but I was just pointing out the other side of the arguement. He may have been faking or he may have been upset he couldn't continue, only Jamie Varner knows which.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]