WEC ratings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WEC ratings
babytater03
4/23/08 8:31:24PM
WEC Live on Versus on 3/26 did a 0.52 rating (548,892 viewers) according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The brand is averaging a 0.50 rating (472,488 viewers) for its live broadcasts. The 6/1 event featuring Faber-Pulver is expected to break the brand's record high of 0.7.

source
pv3Hpv3p
4/23/08 11:03:27PM
This is probably a dumb question... But are those considered good ratings? I hope they are cause the WEC puts on some pretty kick ass shows...
xposipx
4/23/08 11:07:23PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

This is probably a dumb question... But are those considered good ratings? I hope they are cause the WEC puts on some pretty kick ass shows...

I'd like to know too, but I believe average ratings for Fight Nights are 1.7ish on Spike and those are considered decent (as much as NBA playoff 1st round games). I don't get Versus and many others don't either so that rating actually seems to be good IMO. Making money? No idea.
fedorwins1
4/24/08 8:58:39AM
That's probably pretty good for the Versus network. They mostly have fishing shows on or hunting shows. The WEC and hockey are probably the two biggest things for the Versus network.
DCRage
4/24/08 9:24:26AM
For Versus those are excellent. It's only in a limited number of households plus not a lot of people can find it on their cable lineup. Doesn't help that it took people time to notice it had changed to Versus from OLN (Outdoor Life Network). Only thing going against it for 34 is it's a Sunday night. And at that time most people are watching the broadcast networks (WEC, at first, has to go up against some very popular ABC show called Desperate Housewives).
Kracker_Jap
4/28/08 7:11:33PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I was thinking the same