WEC Quick Quote: ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone doesn’t want to wait for Jamie Varner, eyes UFC debut

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC Quick Quote: ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone doesn’t want to wait for Jamie Varner, eyes UFC debut
emfleek
6/25/09 9:17:51AM
“Jaime Varner is what’s next but apparently he hurt his hand again. I don’t know if he is going to be ready or if they are thinking about an interim title. Right now it is kind of up in the air. The fight was supposed to be in September; now I don’t know what’s going to happen. I know that I am fighting in September though. If it is against Varner cool. If it’s for an interim title, that’s cool too..."

STORY
prozacnation1978
6/25/09 12:09:18PM
i could see that but i think more likely cerrone will fight for interim belt in sept in wec
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/25/09 1:32:04PM
lets go Cerrone vs Nate Diaz
Jackelope
6/25/09 6:16:54PM
Too bad Benson Henderson just had eye surgery, otherwise that would be a good fight to set up. Then again, Henderson is no joke, and his wrestling ability combined with his jits could nullify Cerrone's game and take him out of title contention very quickly.

I can't really see any other fights right now that would make sense for Cerrone to take. He should just wait for Varner. I'm pretty sure Varner will be ready to go by October. I'm more than willing to bet Greg Jackson agrees with me here. Cerrone has obvious holes in his game he needs to work on, so why not just wait a month or two while patching those up?