WEC 30 Picks/Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » WEC 30 Picks/Results
DCRage
9/6/07 8:19:15AM
So how'd everyone do, at least among those who played? I totally guessed on all my picks (I knew nothing about any of the guys) and went 8-2 and ranked #21 in points (73), so that really surprised me. Finished way near the bottom on wagers because I forgot to make bets on half the fights.
DoTheMMAth
9/6/07 11:38:52AM
Did pretty bad... I kept wavering between Beebe and Yahya, couldn't decide. I finally decided on Beebe, picked him, then forgot to update my wagers accordingly
wolfman
9/6/07 3:29:00PM
Nothing like beginners luck, huh? I didn't do too bad, I went 7-3 with 55 pts. I changed from Blas to Joe Benoit and that was a mistake. I also had Alessio to win by UD and changed that to a second rd. tapout. I then changed Torres from winning in the first to winning by tapout in the 2nd. So I could've had at least 10-15 pts. more if I would've kept my original picks. Oh, well enough with the woulda-shoulda, I will just have to stay with my original picks. I also blew $3600 on Rani and I should've bet my other $2000 on McCall, but I pussed out and only bet $200 on McCall.
szucconi
9/6/07 3:55:58PM
I went 8-2 on this site. I am sixth in season points in the secondary league. I also wavered between Beebe and Yahya. I went with Yahya and if I had gone with Beebe I would be in first.

I totally guessed on all my picks (I knew nothing about any of the guys)

I seem to do better when I know less and can do objective research, but I am a co-host on a radio show on fightersmind.com and the other guy on the show does a good job of breaking down fights. If you don't know much about the fighters then you can check us out and we will try to help you out. I wouldn't recommend listing to my picks, but we might give some insight on how the fight will play out. I know how it feels picking with no data and our show is a good start.

I would also check out fight finder on sherdog and search for some videos of previous fights for each guy.
Stickan
9/6/07 6:47:08PM
I went 6-4. I'm really disappointed because I had both Beebe and Razor but changed last minute. Somehow I'm still 11th overall in cash though.
LightsOut33093
9/6/07 7:16:41PM

Posted by DCRage

So how'd everyone do, at least among those who played? I totally guessed on all my picks (I knew nothing about any of the guys) and went 8-2 and ranked #21 in points (73), so that really surprised me. Finished way near the bottom on wagers because I forgot to make bets on half the fights.

I have to ask you, why do you always bet on each fighter?
Scott_Revels
9/7/07 2:35:31AM
I went 7-3.. I couldn't decide between Forbes and Baker. I ended up going with Forbes on both picks and wagering, and lost $4300+.. I also picked Yahya and Wheeler. I thought that Beebe wasn't that great a fighter, and even though McCall had an amazing hair cut, I picked Coty thinking he was more experienced.
ORIF
9/7/07 10:12:45PM
my first event here. 7-1 with 48 point ranked #400. I picked Forbes bad move. I wagered 200 on Crunk but only ended up -90 over all, so I'm calling it a win more or less.
duggy
9/9/07 5:39:10AM

Posted by LightsOut33093

i have to ask you... how do you consider yourself elite with such an ordinary personal record? just wondering, because you talked a lot of ish to my team when you were doing well. not so much now. just a reminder of your non-elite status...more average than elite. have fun with your picks.

duggy

Posted by DCRage

I have to ask you, why do you always bet on each fighter?