WEC Officially Announces Faber-Pulver Title Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC Officially Announces Faber-Pulver Title Fight
POLL: Who Wins?
Faber 65% (26)
Pulver 28% (11)
Draw 3% (1)
No Contest 5% (2)
DCRage
3/26/08 1:28:30PM
WEC today officially announced WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber vs. former UFC Lightweight Champion Jens Pulver for the title on June 1 at WEC 34. WEC also announced that Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres makes his first defense on the card.

Article
scoozna
3/26/08 1:56:51PM
This will be awesome. And Torres will fight Tapia.
I already can't wait.
wrona666
3/26/08 2:22:35PM
Faber by 1st round annialation
tepid55
3/26/08 2:24:23PM
Pulver doesn't stand a chance.
silverbullet
3/26/08 2:34:56PM
Pulver will destroy him, I cannot believe so many people actually think Faber stands a chance
Ogre365
3/26/08 2:36:48PM
Yeah I like Jens but Faber is younger and much more multi-dimensional than Pulver. Only thing Jens can hope for in my opinion is to put on a good show and make it last a few rounds, but then hey upsets do happen.
silverbullet
3/26/08 2:39:56PM
Since his TKO loss against Griffin in 2005, Faber fought maybe two decent opponents.
xphycorx
3/26/08 2:41:56PM
if faber beats pulver, then i think we will start to have the same discussion with faber as we have had recently with anderson silva. who could beat him? the guy seems pretty unbeatable. curran had his back for a good three minutes and couldn't do much of anything.
billycarnage
3/26/08 2:43:17PM
Depends on how quickly Jens recovers from the 1st round Body-slam and if he can defend the GNP then he'll lose in the 2nd instead of the 1st.
War Faber!
bullettdodger
3/26/08 2:43:54PM
Pulver Round One KO, Faber is buying into his own hype and will be over confident in his stand up game, as such.... little evil will KHTFO... even if im wrong i still got Jens FTW, experiance over youth!
RMFG_187
3/26/08 2:54:12PM
IMO, i don't think this is a good matchup. although i am watching it. i dunno why i dont like it, just dont

and i have no clue how this fight will turn out.
wolfman
3/26/08 3:17:41PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Pulver Round One KO, Faber is buying into his own hype and will be over confident in his stand up game, as such.... little evil will KHTFO... even if im wrong i still got Jens FTW, experiance over youth!

I like the way you think. This is a tough fight to call, I really want to see Lil' Evil win. Faber, hasn't fought the best of the best like Pulver. Pulver should not be counted out, I'm also hoping for a 1st Rd. KO win for Jens!
GlancyMMA
3/26/08 3:20:35PM
I've been waiting for this fight since Jens loss to Penn after TUF....

Jens is easily one of the best featherweight / lightweight fighters there have ever been but Faber is just dominating the division in a VERY aggressive style.....

I take Urijah by Submission 2nd round....

Good luck to Jens....
MaxOne
3/26/08 4:00:08PM
I expect Pulver to take this fight. If Faber wins then I will be very impressed with him.
jakkster
3/26/08 4:04:28PM
nah I think Jens is hella overrated... I'm leaning towards Faber on this one...
crazedfan
3/26/08 4:08:53PM
So WEC IS going to be running this at Arco. I'm definitely there.
roger
3/26/08 5:20:59PM
i think Pulver will stand up with him and beat the crap out of him
postman
3/26/08 6:22:54PM
Do you guys think that if Faber wins this the UFC would give him a 2 way contract so he could maintain his WEC title and step up and fight at 155 in the UFC?
DCRage
3/26/08 6:55:54PM
One thing to remember about Pulver-he's 8-0 career as a Featherweight. He's probably the one guy in WEC who can beat Faber right now, although Jeff Curran proved he's at least capable of giving Faber trouble.
bullettdodger
3/26/08 10:00:14PM

Posted by postman

Do you guys think that if Faber wins this the UFC would give him a 2 way contract so he could maintain his WEC title and step up and fight at 155 in the UFC?

Tyson Griffin has already beating the crap out of him once, and hes not even top contender in the stacked LW Division... i think His home is the WEC until the UFC decides to adopt the 145 Division. But, it won't really matter anyway cause Faber is eating a Left from Jens and going to sleep.
nastshabast
3/26/08 10:23:54PM
I wanna say Jens so bad but I think Faber takes this one but boy oh boy I wanna say Jens.
quezocrema0032
3/26/08 11:11:12PM
i like jens in this one ... esspecially if faber stands with him and if he doesnt set up his shots then jens will stuff them all nite ... im just worried about faber implimenting lauzon strategy everyone knows how good of a boxer jens is but he is scared shitless of being taken down so if he sets up the shot and blast away with punchs he will either Ko pulver or take him down but pulver can stop faber faber cant stop pulver i think ... well tough figth regardless has me babbling
MaxOne
3/27/08 2:20:43AM

Posted by roger

I don't think Faber would even be top 10 in the light weight division in the ufc.

TNunley
3/27/08 1:07:34PM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by roger

I don't think Faber would even be top 10 in the light weight division in the ufc.

I agree completely. I think far too many people forget that the WEC is owned by Zuffa and the WEC is treated more like their "pool" of possible talent giving the fighters exposure and a chance to prove themselves. They keep their less experienced fighters in the WEC until they are ready to fight in the UFC.

I think this fight is completely up to Jens. If Jens brings his game face, Faber doesn't stand a chance. Then we will be one step closer to the majority of the people on here realizing that a fighter is only as good as the opponents he has beaten and your record doesn't mean crap if you havent fought the best. Not that I think Faber is ducking anyone, he is just in an organization that he is better than the rest. I feel if he were in the UFC he would be a little more than mediocre.
rameydl8
3/28/08 1:17:36PM
i hope jens ko's him