WEC's Miguel Torres Plans Fall Return, Camp With GSP Trainer Firas Zahabi

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC's Miguel Torres Plans Fall Return, Camp With GSP Trainer Firas Zahabi
emfleek
6/7/10 9:06:11AM
Miguel Torres knows his climb back to a title shot is an uphill battle, especially after back-to-back losses for the first time in his career.

But the former WEC bantamweight champion on Friday told MMA Fighting he hopes to be back in the cage by this fall – and when the time comes, he'll be making a big leap in his training camp.

"I want to fight in August, but there's no guarantee," Torres said after speaking to a crowd of about 100 fans in his hometown of East Chicago, Ind., during Miguel Torres Day festivities in the city. "(WEC matchmaker) Sean Shelby's going to let me know in a couple weeks if it will be August or September. But I've been training since the Montreal UFC and whenever I get the word, I'm going to go up to Firas (Zahabi's) camp in Montreal for two months."

LINK
emfleek
6/7/10 9:06:22AM
WORRES!!!!!!!

postman
6/7/10 4:20:04PM
Now we are talking he needs top camp training.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/7/10 4:56:35PM
This ought to do wonders for him. Torres is awesome this excites me.
ncordless
6/7/10 6:54:43PM
I'd like to see Torres v. Faber at 135lb. The could make it a co-main event along with Aldo v. Manny for their next PPV.