WEC No Longer On DirecTV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC No Longer On DirecTV
DCRage
9/1/09 12:07:17PM
It's not a good day to be a WEC fan if you have DirecTV. The satellite TV provider has dropped Versus, the network that broadcasts WEC events, as of midnight this morning. DirecTV says that Versus is asking for a 20% increase in fees. Before the blackout, Versus was getting 18 cents per DirectTV subscriber. In a statement put out by DirecTV, they claim Versus' owner, Comcast, forced DirecTV to remove Versus due to not accepting the terms Comcast demanded.

Article
zephead
9/1/09 12:13:05PM
Now that sucks
DCRage
9/1/09 12:14:30PM
Concast (as I'm now calling them) sucks, period. I don't have digital cable with them (just basic analog) and in the last month I've lost almost all my cable channels until I get digital equipment. Only a few bucks a month for it ($4-5 I think) but it's not going over well with me.
jlock003
9/1/09 2:35:39PM
****!!!!!!!! I just switched to direct tv....not cool.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/1/09 2:39:39PM

Posted by jlock003

****!!!!!!!! I just switched to direct tv....not cool.

now thats rough dude. mma-tvpro it is from now on ! (even if i always watch the events on there)
emfleek
9/1/09 2:47:49PM
It'll be back on DirecTV eventually.
Gogoplatapus
9/1/09 2:49:57PM
This is bad. So bad. SO SO BAD.....for hockey.
Sinister
9/1/09 2:53:10PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

zephead
9/1/09 3:26:42PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Yep. 7 Caps games will be on Versus this year, the playoffs are on Versus. This sucks. If it wasn't for the NFL Sunday Ticket I would leave DirectTV
DCRage
9/1/09 4:42:39PM
At least CSN shows playoff games as well. I don't mind the games on Versus, I just want them back on ESPN so we get Gary Thorne back in the booth.
slapshot
9/1/09 7:54:09PM
I worked for Directv and they have this type of issue a lot, its rare they get to the point that the channel is pulled though. This could be resolved tomorrow or not at all but Im good either way because I dont have Directv.