WEC 31 FIGHTER SALARIES BREAKDOWN

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC 31 FIGHTER SALARIES BREAKDOWN
babytater03
12/21/07 8:20:28AM
MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information for World Extreme Cagefighting 31, which took place on Dec. 12 in Las Vegas, from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

The event was the WEC's seventh since being purchased by Ultimate Fighting Championship parent company Zuffa, LLC and it was also the its fourth live event on cable television channel Versus.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that Zuffa and the WEC are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.

Link

In case interested
silverbullet
12/21/07 10:19:51AM
Pretty good money!
babytater03
12/21/07 10:35:14AM

Posted by silverbullet

Pretty good money!

i thought that was really good payouts for some guys who worked their butts off and proved they deserved a spot.
tuvok500
12/21/07 11:02:26AM
It seem that they have increase there payroll alot .

i think it was much lower than that for the previous event, not remenber exactly but i think Faber and Filho were not paid that much.

maybe i'm dreamming !

ohiostate1016
12/21/07 2:53:51PM
The only one that I am surprised about is Marshall. How in the world did he only make $10,000? This was his NINTH WEC fight, and he is the light heavyweight champion. No way he should make less than Chael Sonnen, who LOST!
xphycorx
12/21/07 9:46:46PM
faber is the face of the wec. he should be making more.
tuvok500
12/22/07 12:42:35AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

The only one that I am surprised about is Marshall. How in the world did he only make $10,000? This was his NINTH WEC fight, and he is the light heavyweight champion. No way he should make less than Chael Sonnen, who LOST!

yeah well they have contract man.
they paid as much as there contract are telling that they have to paid for each fighter.

i am sure that if a guy do very well, he will have a better contract as soon as the old one will expired.

silverbullet
12/23/07 11:36:09AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I guess that's what happens when you sign a long-term contract