Former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber is unfazed over his loss to Mike Brown and expects a war at WEC 38

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber is unfazed over his loss to Mike Brown and expects a war at WEC 38
MMAcca
1/14/09 1:12:18PM
Former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber (21-2) had emerged as the face of World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC), racking up five consecutive wins for the Zuffa-owned promotion, and hadn’t tasted defeat in 13 fights — an impressive streak that dated back to 2005.

Then came a well-placed, fight-ending right hand courtesy of the powerful Mike Brown in the first round of their WEC 36 main event back on November 5.

As Faber explains on MMAmania’s exclusive presentation of Pro MMA Radio, what you see is what you get.

LINK
wiggum
1/14/09 1:22:43PM
ah man, i would have loved to see aldo knock faber out! (yeah i said it!!! ha)....but there is no reason for the pulver fight except for ratings, which i understand.....plus, if they even get close to equalling that last fight, it will be worth it.....ill be trying to win the uphill battle and rooting for pulver...i am not a faber fan whatsoever, but he is very talented and should ko pulver
DevonFoxy
1/14/09 1:28:47PM
You can't not like Faber he is one of the classiest guys in MMA in my opinion. He always comes off good in his interviews and he is always respectful to his opponent. Great guy and great fighter who puts on exciting great fights.
IriShame
1/14/09 1:36:23PM
The scary thing for Jens here is that he got his ass kicked by Urijah Faber on cruise control. I've always thought Faber was a little wreckless in the cage and Brown made him pay. Now you're getting a re-focused and probably a little angry "California Kid". That doesn't bode well for Pulver. I don't see this fight playing out like the slugfest it was the first time. Faber was out to prove he could stand with a guy like Pulver and excell. This time around he's out to show he can dominate. I expect him to take advantage of his wrestling and try to get some take downs mixed with G'n'P and submission attempts. I predict a short night for one of my all time favorites in Jens Pulver.