WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown set to defend his title against Leonard Garcia at WEC 39

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown set to defend his title against Leonard Garcia at WEC 39
MMAcca
1/12/09 4:53:59PM
New WEC featherweight champion Mike Thomas Brown (20-4), fresh off his stunning upset over company poster boy Urijah Faber at WEC 36 in November, will defend his title for the first time on March 1 against Leonard Garcia (12-3) in the co-main event of WEC 39 at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.

LINK
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:14:38PM
I can see Garcia giving Brown a 'run 4 his money' but Brown will come out on top by decision. - imo
Gipper
1/12/09 5:34:12PM
the striking is pretty even but i see brown ending up on top when the grappling starts. so brown by ud. can't wait to see this one should be a war.
wiggum
1/12/09 5:50:09PM
this is gonna be a quality title defense....garcia is about a legit challenger as you can get right now in that division.....striking is about equal, both have tremendous power and utilized boxing primarily, technically neither is too proficaint....wrestling easily goes to brown, submission easily goes to garcia even though id like to see him get one! ha...chin id give to garcia, but brown doesnt have a problem in that area either....in the end tho, i see brown feeling garcia out before takeing him down, doing a little lay and pray mixed in with some light ground and pound and getting a decision win....tho i wouldnt be suprised if garcia landed a hard shot and rocked him and either submitted or tko'd brown, but i wouldnt bet on it.
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:50:36PM
i dont think this will b like either of their last fights 4 sure
Khaos
1/13/09 1:50:37AM
IMO Garcia's striking and heart will win him the fight.
IriShame
1/13/09 1:28:00PM
I'm happy for Leonard Garcia. He's getting a shot at the belt after going out and putting on an exciting fight every time out. Even when he fought a much bigger Roger Huerta he stayed in that fight and made it a barn burner despite being undersized. I wish there were more guys like Garcia out there.