WEC 34: Faber Vs. Pulver Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 34: Faber Vs. Pulver Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
6/1/08 3:15:34PM
We're underway!
Unaired prelim matches:
Dominick Cruz beat Charlie Valencia by unanimous decision, 1 30-27 and 2 29-28s.
Jose Aldo beat Alexandre Franca Nogueira by TKO (strikes) at 3:22 of round 2.
Alex Serdyukov beat Luis Sapo by TKO (fighter unable to continue) after round 1.
Tim McKenzie beat Jeremy Lang by submission (guillotine) at 40 seconds of round 3.
Will Ribeiro beat Chase Beebe by split decision, 29-28 Ribeiro, 29-28 Beebe, 29-28 Ribeiro.
Mike Thomas Brown (Mike Brown) beat Jeff Curran by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s.
Donald Cerrone beat Danny Castillo by verbal submission (armbar) at 1:30 of round 1. This fight aired on TV. They announced the wrong stoppage time, 30 seconds.

TV fights:
Rob McCullough beat Kenneth Alexander by split decision, 30-27 McCullough, 29-28 Alexander, 30-27 McCullough.
Mark Munoz beat Chuck Grigsby by KO at 4:15 of round 1.
WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres beat Yoshiro Maeda by TKO (doctor stoppage-injury) after round 3 to retain the title.
WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber beat Jens Pulver by unanimous decision, 1 50-45 and 2 50-44s, to retain the title.
Kpro
6/1/08 3:47:21PM
Just did my picks in the past hour with only an hour to spare; about to put my wagers in right now.

Anyone else toss a little legit money on Pulver?

I won $48 on a $40 bet for last nights main event to go past 90 seconds, so I put $24 on Pulver, pays out $57.60, not bad odds for a guy undefeated at 145.
hotrodttt
6/1/08 4:22:26PM

Posted by Kpro

Just did my picks in the past hour with only an hour to spare; about to put my wagers in right now.

Anyone else toss a little legit money on Pulver?

I won $48 on a $40 bet for last nights main event to go past 90 seconds, so I put $24 on Pulver, pays out $57.60, not bad odds for a guy undefeated at 145.

I put a Parlay on Mike Brown, Mark Munoz, Chase Beebe, and Jesse Aldo. I think It's Smart because I think They're all going to Win.
Kpro
6/1/08 4:28:10PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I put a Parlay on Mike Brown, Mark Munoz, Chase Beebe, and Jesse Aldo. I think It's Smart because I think They're all going to Win.

Nice, I picked all but Brown, but if it stays standing as they've both been saying, Brown's odds are excellent.

I ended up doing my parlay on Munoz, McKenzie and McCullough with a $3k individual bet on Munoz and also an individual bet on Maeda.

Once I started putting all of my bets on guys whose last names started with M's I couldn't stop.
Twenty20Dollars
6/1/08 4:35:08PM
I really wish this was a 3 hour event!
RMFG_187
6/1/08 5:19:22PM
my parlay is a bit beefed down

Faber, Razor, Curran, and Torres.

i think they will all win, the only 1 im scared about is Razor Rob.
The_Ho_Bag
6/1/08 5:39:03PM
my parley is Faber,Munoz,Mckenzie (im a little nervous for him)

i put a fair amount down for pulver i put 750 on pulver
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/1/08 6:08:34PM
went all out on this one. parlay of curran, munoz, cruz and sapo. got 300 on mckenzie also. I'm very nervous overall, don't know how many times i took mckenzie in and out of my parlay. Curran IMO is waaay too favorite on this website, brown has alot of chances here, hope big frog can pull it off. Anyways it shall be a great event
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 6:23:09PM
All in Parlay on

Pulver and Cruz...Atleast i think so.
wolfman
6/1/08 6:34:55PM
Looks like Cruz took the fight...29-28.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/1/08 6:35:02PM
Nothing seems to be official as of yet but looks like Cruz is taking the UD, wich meens im one up on my parlay! yeeeaaah

EDIT: NOW OFFICIAL, CRUZ def. VALENCIA UD
Kpro
6/1/08 6:35:13PM
PBP LINK

Valencia and Cruz are first. Looks like Cruz took the first 2 rounds; heading into the 3rd.
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 6:37:45PM

Posted by Kpro

PBP LINK

Valencia and Cruz are first. Looks like Cruz took the first 2 rounds; heading into the 3rd.

NICE....Now i just for Pulver to win to pull thru on my parlay...not that i had alot of dough to begin with.
wolfman
6/1/08 6:38:22PM
Damn you Charlie! Now it starts, my downward spiral. lol Seriously, WEC events are brutal for me.
Kpro
6/1/08 6:40:28PM

Posted by wolfman

Damn you Charlie! Now it starts, my downward spiral. lol Seriously, WEC events are brutal for me.

Yeah I switched to Valencia with about 20 minutes before the picks locked because I saw he had been training with Faber who is Cruz's only loss.

I thought he'd have a better game plan than the PBP suggests.
wolfman
6/1/08 6:45:13PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by wolfman

Yeah I switched to Valencia with about 20 minutes before the picks locked because I saw he had been training with Faber who is Cruz's only loss.

I thought he'd have a better game plan than the PBP suggests.

Damn, that's rough. I was thinking the same as you, but had Charlie the whole time. I've switched a few fighters around today and am starting to get worried, I always try to stay with my original picks....Yet, I usually change some. Some for the good and most for the worse.
hotrodttt
6/1/08 6:45:34PM

Posted by wolfman

Yeah Dude, I normally had Cruz via Unanimous Decision but I switched to Charlie These WEC Events are always Brutal for me
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 6:46:57PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

Yeah Dude, I normally had Cruz via Unanimous Decision but I switched to Charlie These WEC Events are always Brutal for me

Did i mention i had Cruz in My Parlay
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/1/08 6:49:33PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

as do i
wolfman
6/1/08 6:50:23PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

Yes, you did. Know need to rub it in man. lol j/k Good luck man! I hope Pulver wins too(he's in your parlay right), I had him picked to win and switched to Faber at the last minute. I'm ashamed as I've been calling for him to win and it will piss me off if Faber wins, but I think Faber has this one(I hope I'm wrong for the both of us though).
hotrodttt
6/1/08 6:52:36PM
Looks like My Underdog Pick Aldo is doing Great, I hope he keeps it up
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/1/08 6:53:00PM
wow, aldo ko'd nogueira ... 1-1
Kpro
6/1/08 6:53:26PM
Aldo's takedown defense sounds pretty good.
wolfman
6/1/08 6:55:23PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Looks like My Underdog Pick Aldo is doing Great, I hope he keeps it up

Nice, I also picked Aldo. I picked him by TKO in the 1st and he won by TKO in the 2nd.
hotrodttt
6/1/08 6:56:02PM
Nice Aldo Won ! I got 7 Points for that because I though Noguiera could last all 3 Rounds but Aldo's always been a Beast
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 7:00:21PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

Yes, you did. Know need to rub it in man. lol j/k Good luck man! I hope Pulver wins too(he's in your parlay right), I had him picked to win and switched to Faber at the last minute. I'm ashamed as I've been calling for him to win and it will piss me off if Faber wins, but I think Faber has this one(I hope I'm wrong for the both of us though).

Yeah i have Cruz and Pulver in my Parlay at least i think so....

I lost the Aldo/Nog fight..i had Nog....so much for name recognition..lol
Kpro
6/1/08 7:04:07PM
Date placed:
Jun 01, 2008 3:19p

Date settled:
Jun 01, 2008 3:54p

Superfecta # 114924558
Racebook Exotic
Jun-01 EMD R4 3.00 USD SPR 1/3/2/5 Sun@9:00a

Outcome:
Win
Paid US$ 126.30

Paid $3 and won $126 on an un-boxed Superfecta. Now I have wiggle room for all of the WEC main card fights. Letting that $129 ride on Maeda would turn into $677.25 and if Torres beats Maeda, I just pretend I didn't win the Superfecta and I'm only out $3. hmmmmmm
wolfman
6/1/08 7:07:49PM
Damn, Sapo lost!!! He was picking him apart and then he slipped and Alex was able to capitalize and pounded him out! Alex has been getting luck back on his side as of late. In his last bout, Ryan Stonitsch also slipped and fell and he was able to submit him with a triangle choke. Props to Alex, but that sucks for Sapo and my parlay!!!
MMAcca
6/1/08 7:08:32PM
Sapo not coming out for the 2nd.....
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 7:10:13PM

Posted by wolfman

Damn, Sapo lost!!! He was picking him apart and then he slipped and Alex was able to capitalize and pounded him out! Alex has been getting luck back on his side as of late. In his last bout, Ryan Stonitsch also slipped and fell and he was able to submit him with a triangle choke. Props to Alex, but that sucks for Sapo and my parlay!!!

2and1

I had Alex with a RD 1 sub....

Are you reading the PBP on sherdog.??.because mine is till blank for that fight..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5