WEC 41: Faber vs. Brown Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » WEC 41: Faber vs. Brown Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Shawn91111
6/7/09 7:03:43PM

Posted by EvenFlow

im still pissed that they changed the rules with DQ's counting, so they can just change rules whenever the hell they feel like it awesome......

Agreed
burialchamber
6/7/09 7:14:36PM
Round 1 - With Chuck Liddell and John Hackelman walking him to the cage, Banuelos can hardly contain himself. He bounces up and down and stalks the cage once inside. Jorgensen takes the center, but Banuelos opens with a flurry of punches. A second flurry follows, and Jorgensen clinches. Banuelos overpowers Jorgensen and forces him to the canvas. Jorgensen works guard, then butterfly, then stands while Banuelos scores a few right hands. Back in the clinch and Banuelos works two hard rights to the body. Jorgensen works back to the over/under clinch, then pushes away. Banuelos scores slapping low kick, then a stiff 1-2 while Jorgensen covers up. Jorgensen holding the center, but Banuelos circling and picking him apart. Jorgenses answer with a few punches of his own, then a knee to the body before the two clinch again. Less than two minutes remain. Jorgensen measures Banuelos with his left hand then throws a high kick and a right hand. The crowd likes it, but Banuelos scampers awat. Banuelos scores a left kick to the body, then pushes in and nearly dives into a guillotine choke attempt. The two flurry as the round ends, and both score inside, but Banuelos takes it on MMAjunkie.com's card, 10-9.
Kpro
6/7/09 7:15:45PM
Round 1
Banuelos opens with a strong left-right that backs Jorgensen up. Banuelos initiates the clinch, then takes Jorgensen down on the cage. Jorgensen's back climbs the cage and they're back to center. Banuelos is landing well in clinches and out, but Jorgensen is staying in the game with return fire. They battle for position on the fence. Jorgensen lands a high kick and tries to take down Banuelos, but The Pit-trained fighter will have none of it. Jorgensen lands another kick, and they finish the round in the clinch. Banuelos 10-9.

EDIT: Nice to have both Sherdog & MMAJunkies PBP's in the thread since they sometimes differ a bit.
TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:18:42PM
Lets go Antonio!!!
Kpro
6/7/09 7:22:29PM
ROUND 2
Banuelos lands a solid right hand, and then follows with a combo. Jorgensen forces the clinch and tries to latch on a guillotine to no avail. The bantamweight pair takes center cage again. Jorgensen with a right and Banuelos responds with another combo. It's some nice dirty boxing from both as they sneak in shots in the clinch. Back to center canvas, Banuelos lands another uppercut- left hook combo. Banuelos is moving well, and Jorgensen is in pursuit. Jorgensen with a four-punch combo. Another active round with both getting in some licks. Banuelos ekes out the round 10-9, but it's close.
Kpro
6/7/09 7:28:48PM
ROUND 3
The fighters pick off where they left off, and Banuelos hits the takedown. Jorgensen latches on the Brabo choke from his back, but Banuelos escapes and they are back on their feet. Jorgensen with a body kick and a follow-up combo. Jorgensen lands a knee in the Thai clinch. Another good knee to Banuelos’ face, but Banuelos is far from out. Another solid exchange. Jorgensen shucks Banuelos down off a guillotine attempt. Banuelos is to his knees and Jorgensen tries to take his back. Banuelos is up with Jorgenson body locked. Banuelos spills to mat and Jorgensen goes for a D'Arce choke. Banuelos is out as the round ends. Jorgensen 10-9.

Kpro
6/7/09 7:29:48PM
SD for Banuelos 29-28, 28-29, 29-28
Kpro
6/7/09 7:31:36PM
90 minutes left for the next 2 fights, expect some lengthy breaks.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/7/09 7:31:39PM
2-1
Kpro
6/7/09 7:32:30PM
Mike Campbell is taking on Anthony Pettis next.

TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:34:20PM

Posted by Kpro

Dang, I would say they will wait 10-15 minutes before the next fight then that sucks. Oh well tonight will be amazing!
kopower
6/7/09 7:34:58PM
I thought I couldn't do much worse than Strikeforce's 12 points but I'm trying.
0-3
Kpro
6/7/09 7:37:27PM
It's hard to imagine hearing a Urijah Faber fight without Mir announcing.
lohmann
6/7/09 7:37:48PM

Posted by Kpro

Three fights. Gamburyan/Franchi, Rabello/Dietz, and Campbell/Pettis.

(That being said, I picked all three to end in the first round.)
TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:41:38PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Kpro

Three fights. Gamburyan/Franchi, Rabello/Dietz, and Campbell/Pettis.

(That being said, I picked all three to end in the first round.)

I'm anxious to see how Manny does, I hope he murders his opponent cause I have always liked him. I hope this was a good move for him! WAR MANNY
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/7/09 7:42:13PM
should have not switched dikun to jorgensen at the last minute for my parlay...
Kpro
6/7/09 7:43:05PM
oh I read somewhere Manny was going to be on the main card. I thought it was strange to have 5. Makes sense that its an undercard fight.
Kpro
6/7/09 7:44:23PM
Round 1
Campbell catches his opponent’s opening kick and Pettis latches on a standing guillotine. Campbell slams out and fights through an armbar and a triangle-choke attempt. Campbell is punching from the standing position into Pettis' guard. Campbell falls into another traingle and Pettis works the angle for the tapout at 1:49. Pettis was slick.
Kpro
6/7/09 7:45:10PM
Rafael Rebello is facing Kyle Dietz next.

Aaronno9
6/7/09 7:46:22PM
Oh well, Im beating my strikeforce score and record already lol. Im so tired from staying up to watch it though. I really doubt ill be up to watch the main card tonight
TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:48:37PM
3-1 so far, hope I can keep this up!!
grappler0000
6/7/09 7:49:01PM
I give up...this is the 3rd straight horrible event for me.
TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:51:35PM

Posted by grappler0000

I give up...this is the 3rd straight horrible event for me.

Your telling me, ever since I joined I haven't had a real winning event!

UFC 98- 5-5
Dream- 2-6
Strikeforce- 3-5

I need this event bad!!!lol
Kpro
6/7/09 7:51:52PM
First post will be updated with a link of the fights streaming when the fights go live, for those that do not have VERSUS.
breakdown5
6/7/09 7:53:10PM
Already beat my score for strikeforce. Things are looking up.
TNPanther78
6/7/09 7:54:15PM

Posted by breakdown5

Already beat my score for strikeforce. Things are looking up.

Love your avatar, hope he pulls through tonight!
Kpro
6/7/09 7:54:55PM
Former Reality TV show fighters are currently 0-2 on this card (Thomas from TUF, Campbell from Tapout) with Gamburyan (TUF), Cerrone (Tapout), and Pulver (TUF coach) still to go.
TNPanther78
6/7/09 8:08:03PM

Posted by Kpro

Rafael Rebello is facing Kyle Dietz next.

Rebello defeated Dietz by sub in the first!
Aaronno9
6/7/09 8:08:53PM
I just watched a video of a woman giving birth on youtube. It was the most disgusting thing ive ever seen.
Kpro
6/7/09 8:10:15PM
Round 1
Dietz charges in with a flurry that mostly misses and they clinch on the cage, before separating back to center. Dietz with a body shot, then a scramble that spills to mat. Rebello is on top. Dietz rises to his knees and Rebello sees his opening, taking Dietz's back. The rear-naked choke and the tapout comes shortly after at 2:55, giving Dietz his first career loss ever.

Yes that was my first win on the card. No I don't want to talk about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5