WEC Explains Fight Card Postponement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC Explains Fight Card Postponement
emfleek
8/25/09 4:37:08PM
A day after World Extreme Cagefighting announced that it had postponed its previously scheduled Sept. 2 fight card, WEC Vice President Peter Dropick said in an interview with FanHouse that the organization will move forward with the same fight card on October 10, and saying of the Donald Cerrone vs. Ben Henderson main event, "Fans want to see this fight."

Dropick also said the dispute between DirecTV and Versus, WEC's television network, had nothing to do with the decision to postpone the card, and that ticket sales were tracking as expected in Youngstown, Ohio, but that the card will now take place in a yet-to-be-determined city.

The full interview is below.

STORY
SpiderSilva
8/25/09 5:54:37PM
Well I hope it gets moved to colorado so cowboy can win this fight in his home state
prozacnation1978
8/25/09 8:00:12PM
i never even heard of youngstown , ohio
population of 5 thousand
why there, out of all the cities in the u.s
jae_1833
8/25/09 9:45:57PM
WEC events could be held at any venue that can hold at least 5000 viewers. I don't know if they could sell out a 10,000 person arena yet unless they put on a supercard. It's cheaper for them to go to Youngstown than it would be to find the same sized venue in say ....(enter name of a big city here)