WEC deal in hand, Faber plans January return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WEC deal in hand, Faber plans January return
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/8/09 12:01:37AM
Former World Extreme Cagefighting Championship featherweight titleholder Urijah Faber recently inked a six-fight contract with the organization. Faber got the deal he wanted, but the biggest factor in reaching an agreement was that the WEC is where he's going to face the best competition.

"It was just a matter of getting some things worked out and kind of getting an understanding about what everyone wanted," Faber told MMAWeekly.com about negotiating his contract. "I feel like I'm with the best team. I've got the best stable of fighters to fight against, and I want to be a world champion and that's the place to do it.

"I'm a competitor first. When I started in this sport, my first fight I got paid $250 to show and $250 to win, and I was fighting as much as six or seven times in one year. It was never about the money to me. It's about testing myself and proving that I'm the best," added the Team Alpha Male trained fighter.

Link