wec was amazing

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » wec was amazing
« Previous Page
jomatty
6/3/08 9:49:56AM
as great as the faber pulver fight was i definitely was even more excited by the torres fight. that is the rematch i would like to see happen, especially since it ended due to a cut/swelling...

torres is imo one of the best p4p guys in the world, although he will likely never get much attention as such since he fights in such a low weight class...
Lockfrow
6/3/08 8:43:33PM
I was rooting for elite xc and they were a big let down. WEC was a great event, better than some ppvs.
gartface
6/3/08 11:11:46PM
Awesome card.
Would like to add that Cerrone vs. Varner would be incredible.
NatedawgThaM
6/3/08 11:37:53PM
Now the main events? Yeah they were amazing. Faber/Pulver was an excellent boxing match. The Torrest fight was absolutely sick. The best fight IMO this year so far only being challenged by Hanson/Alvarez.

The first two fights though were at EliteXC's level. But unlike most, I don't hate on EliteXC. I thought their first event was exciting and satisfying only excluding the main event finish.
gartface
6/4/08 1:18:39AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Now the main events? Yeah they were amazing. Faber/Pulver was an excellent boxing match. The Torrest fight was absolutely sick. The best fight IMO this year so far only being challenged by Hanson/Alvarez.

The first two fights though were at EliteXC's level. But unlike most, I don't hate on EliteXC. I thought their first event was exciting and satisfying only excluding the main event finish.

They've had many more events besides the primetime one.
NatedawgThaM
6/4/08 1:31:49AM
I meant the first CBS event. Those fights were at their level. But the rest of their events are still basically the same thing unless Yves Edwards, Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz or any other experienced world class veteran is fighting.
the_01
6/5/08 11:31:55PM
WOW
Torris is incredible. I havnt seen a fight this good in years.
Pages: 1 [2]