SF or WEC 45?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » SF or WEC 45?
POLL: Which will you be watching saturday?
WEC 36% (16)
Strikeforce 59% (26)
Neither...both cards suck 5% (2)
Franklinfan47
12/13/09 9:39:23PM
Got this poll off mmajunkie. In light of the great mma we saw last night, it got me wondering come next week, which card will you tuning into? Obviously we're gonna see all the fights eventually, but which card holds your interest more, SF or Zuffa's usual counter programming?

WEC 45

Donald Cerrone vs. Ed Ratcliff
Chris Horodecki vs. Anthony Njokuani
Joseph Benavidez vs. Rani Yahya
Scott Jorgensen vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Bart Palaszewski vs. Anthony Pettis
Muhsin Corbbrey vs. Zach Micklewright
Chad George vs. John Hosman
Tyler Toner vs. Brandon Visher
Kyle Dietz vs. Brad Pickett
Erik Koch vs. Jameel Massouh

vs

Strikeforce: Evolution

Cung Le vs. Scott Smith
Champ Josh Thomson vs. interim champ Gilbert Melendez (lightweight title-unification bout)
Matt Lindland vs. Ronald "Jacare" Souza
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Mike Whitehead
Robbie Lawler vs. Trevor Prangley
Antwain Britt vs. Scott Lighty
Daisuke Nakamura vs. Bryan Travers
Juan Nunez vs. Luis Mendoza
Bobby Stack vs. Alex Trevino
Alex Crispim vs. A.J. Fonseca

Personally, I think the overall better card is WEC, but SF just has too many mouth watering match ups to not tune in. Le vs Smith is gonna be a brawl, finally get to see the thomson-melendez rematch, and Jacre and King Mo in their debuts? Lookin forward to it.
postman
12/13/09 10:13:39PM
Cage of Chaos in Ohio a friend of mine will be fighting for the 170 Amature Title! But the DVR will be running!!! On Both!
submissionartist1
12/13/09 11:15:07PM
im gonna boycot WEC till they realize that its not PPV material
Twenty20Dollars
12/14/09 12:00:44AM
SF because I actually have showtime and WEC sometimes shows their events back to back or I can dvr it.
kopower
12/14/09 12:07:27AM
At first I thought SF but the WEC has a solid card with some potential wars. I'm looking forward to the Jorgensen/Mizugaki fight. Fists are gonna be flyin!!
jae_1833
12/14/09 12:12:09AM
WEC because of the basic COX cable I have, I will get SF over the internet the next day.
State_Champ
12/14/09 2:03:48AM
WEC always has great fights. Compared to most other orgs, WEC put on better fights. However, SF has Cung Le vs. Scott Smith.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
12/14/09 1:11:37PM
Strikeforce, just better fights, although I will watch both, Strikeforce I have on tv and if tsn 2 shows wec then I will watch that after
gartface
12/14/09 4:50:14PM
I don't have Showtime, but if I did, I'd watch Strikeforce over it. Scott Lighty and King Mo!
Franklinfan47
12/14/09 7:31:43PM

Posted by kopower

At first I thought SF but the WEC has a solid card with some potential wars. I'm looking forward to the Jorgensen/Mizugaki fight. Fists are gonna be flyin!!

This is more or less what I was thinking too. Strikeforce has alot of big names, but the last couple WEC cards have had alot of great wars. Mizugaki seems to be a pretty passive fighter when people dont go after him, which is why I'm really glad he's fighting Jorgenson. Gonna be a barn burner!

So far I'm liking:

Cerrone by submission-he says he wants to stand with 9mm but I'm sceptical after Ratcliff hits him with a few big shots.
Horodecki by sub- same deal here. Chris has really been developing his game and I dont think he'll want to stand with a guy like Njokuani for very long.
Benividez by decision- Yahya has great subs but dont think he can catch Joe and will drop a ud.
Mizugaki by decision-excited for this one!
Bartimus KO-via better nicname.
Pickett by sub- excited to see what this guy can do in the WEC.

On the strikeforce side of things:

Thomson by decision-think it will look different than their first fight but will end in the same result.
Le by KO- Smith is a gamer but Cung is just too quick and powerful.
Jacare by sub-his star is rising while Lindland seems to be faltering.
King Mo by decision- whitehead is a tough sob but Mo should take this.
Britt by KO-dude has some scary power.
Nakamura by armbar-hopefully flying.
Kpro
12/15/09 11:36:09AM
I'm on the West Coast so I'll get WEC live 7-9 and Showtime delays the feed til 10-12:30; lets me watch both.
fonduktoe
12/16/09 10:39:13PM
thanks to the magic of dvr i'll watch both with strikeforce taking priority. sat night is gonna kick ass.
copcopps
12/17/09 4:09:11PM
neither but not due to the suckage but because I'm studying for finals AND getting my wisdom teeth pulled
Kpro
12/18/09 12:08:37AM

Posted by copcopps

neither but not due to the suckage but because I'm studying for finals AND getting my wisdom teeth pulled

I'd leave in the "wisdom" teeth til finals are over.

*rimshot*

found that one in a laffy taffy wrapper.
ncordless
12/18/09 4:13:27PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by copcopps

I'd leave in the "wisdom" teeth til finals are over.

*rimshot*

found that one in a laffy taffy rapper.

Yeah I think I read that one on a piece of Bazooka Joe.
juggernautakira
12/19/09 4:25:24PM
Honestly, I think both cards are so-so. Ill be flipping back and forth, I suppose.

I dont know who to pick in the King Mo vs. Whitehead.
Franklinfan47
12/20/09 9:04:07PM
Quite a nice bit of mma yesterday night, I thought both cards were awesome despite lacking alot of big names.

-Jacare and King Mo both made big statements with their wins. Although they were expected I didn't think they'd both win so quickly and decisively over vets like Lindland and Whitehead. Any number of great matchups for those guys ahead.
-Like most I was shocked to see Smith battle back and KO Le. Its impressive how much punishment that guy can take and keep battling forward. Another crazy comeback Makes me wonder if Le is overated or not.
-Thomson and Melendez put on a war as well. Was surprised to see Gil get the nod but he was deserving for sure. I thought he utilized his leg kicks and movement much better than in the first fight. Cant wait for the trilogy now

-Wasnt surprised to see Britt win on the prelims by tko, but was surprised to see Daisuke drop a decision. Was praying for the flying armbar.

-Cerrone-Ratcliff was a good fight as well, though Cerrone locked in the sub as expected after losing those points. Still a notoriously slow starter though imo.
-Was shocked and sad to see the polish hammer get crushed like he did, but a very impressive win for njokuani.
-Benividez won as expected, though didnt see a tko finish coming, sounds like they were throwing bombs. If anyone has a link to that fight and Mizugaki-Jorgenson, I will give props. I missed both and heard it was a controversial stoppage.
-Surprised to see Jorgenson gnab a decision from Mizugaki, but sounds like he was the aggressor the whole time. Thats a big win for him too, it will definately move him up in the division.
-I thought Pickett looked good with the necktie, and Dietz also put up a surprisingly good fight up until the end imo. Wonder who One punch will get next. Glad Bartimus was able to pull out the win as well, albeit a razor-thin one. Havent seen that one yet either.