WEC vs UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WEC vs UFC
ultimateweapon
3/19/08 8:36:13PM
Out of the champions between the WEC and the UFC who would beat who?

Varner vs Penn?

Condit vs GSP or Serra?

Filho vs Silva?

The winner of Stann and Marshall vs Rampage?

ALSO who in the UFC's lightweight division could beat Urijah Faber.

Just wondering what anyone else thinks.
Pookie
3/19/08 8:38:06PM
I think the WEC would lose every single match-up.

Who in the ufc lw division could take Urijah Faber?

Tyson Griffin
seanfu
3/19/08 8:43:19PM
Dude, that's like putting a college football team up against a pro one.
Styles
3/19/08 9:07:10PM

Posted by seanfu

Dude, that's like putting a college football team up against a pro one.

stole the words right out of my mouth while reading the topic.
wolfman
3/19/08 9:21:59PM
Filho vs. Silva - Could be a close fight, but I see a TKO victory for Silva

Varner vs. Penn - I'm really starting to enjoy watching Varner, the kid is young and has a lot of potential, but Penn would outclass him. Maybe, down the road this would be a closer fight, maybe.

Condit vs GSP/Serra - Condit has continued to impress me, people are counting him out. Yet, I would give him a shot at beating GSP. However, I still see GSP beating him decisively. Him against Serra, I would honestly pick Condit. I think he could use his reach to his advantage and his diverse striking to outpoint Serra for a decision win.

Stann/Marshall vs. Rampage - Not even close...Rampage would own either fighter.

I think these fights aren't as over matched as some of you think.

Styles
3/19/08 9:30:31PM
I was more impressed by Sonnens performance then Filho's in their last fight... the fight is on Versus here in a few if anyone wants to watch it. I dont think Filho has much of a chance against Silva.
wolfman
3/19/08 9:34:25PM

Posted by Styles

I was more impressed by Sonnens performance then Filho's in their last fight... the fight is on Versus here in a few if anyone wants to watch it. I dont think Filho has much of a chance against Silva.

As was I, if Filho gets his shit back together...look out.
ultimateweapon
3/19/08 9:55:42PM
Is it true that Filho checked himself into REHAB?
wolfman
3/19/08 9:59:02PM

Posted by ultimateweapon

Is it true that Filho checked himself into REHAB?

Yep, and I wish him the best.
juanez13
3/19/08 10:13:12PM
i think the UFC would win every match up, some close but decisively......

who could beat faber in the UFC's LW division??? pretty much the whole division, most (alsmost all the elite right now) are wrestler....faber being a wresteler himself he would be outclassed in the wresteling and not to mention he would give away size and weight (strenght and reach)
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/08 12:05:51AM

Posted by juanez13

i think the UFC would win every match up, some close but decisively......

who could beat faber in the UFC's LW division??? pretty much the whole division, most (alsmost all the elite right now) are wrestler....faber being a wresteler himself he would be outclassed in the wresteling and not to mention he would give away size and weight (strenght and reach)

agreed, ufc lw division is stacked as ****** and no way would faber walk through the division. I doubt he would hold a title in UFC. faber vs edgar.
ncordless
3/20/08 12:10:33AM
The UFC would win all those matchups very easily. Rampage vs. Rhino makes me laugh when I think about it. The most likely upset would be Penn/Varner just because I don't think BJ would even try to make weight for a silly matchup like that.
MondayNiteMauser
3/21/08 6:55:01AM
I think Leonard Garcia has a chance to beat Faber honestly..
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/23/08 7:30:10PM
I think that unless the UFC turns WEC into a true B-league; then its useless.

I think that all the guys who fall from grace in the UFC should go to the WEC; and all the people who do well in teh WEC should be promotted. I also believe that no longer should newcomers go straight to the UFC...instead they go to the WEC, and must work their way up.

WEC as a stand alone promotion makes no sense.

Also, as of now, I think only a handfull of fighters belong in the UFC.

FW: Faber (at LW)
LW: Varner, McCoullough, Hicks, Ratcliff
WW: Condit
MW: Filho, Sonnen, Baker
LHW: Nobody

Also. There are so many fighetrs in the UFC, that deserve to be in the WEC. I never understood why UFC just releases those that do poorly rather than demote them...
imanidiot777
3/24/08 12:14:48AM
I don't think any of them would win but I LOVE Condit, he's an animal and he's only 23 or 24, in the future he could be on top of UFC's welterweight.
DevonFoxy
3/24/08 12:25:07AM

Posted by imanidiot777

I don't think any of them would win but I LOVE Condit, he's an animal and he's only 23 or 24, in the future he could be on top of UFC's welterweight.

Perhaps if he puts on a little weight he could do well but He seems to be at that weight were he can't get to 155 and is too small for WW. So i will have to disagree with your comment for now. He puts on some more muscle mass and perhaps he may break the top ten. But he seems to be too scrawny to hold his own against the Fitche's and Marcus Davis's and GSP's of the WW world.
imanidiot777
3/24/08 8:09:34AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by imanidiot777

Perhaps if he puts on a little weight he could do well but He seems to be at that weight were he can't get to 155 and is too small for WW. So i will have to disagree with your comment for now. He puts on some more muscle mass and perhaps he may break the top ten. But he seems to be too scrawny to hold his own against the Fitche's and Marcus Davis's and GSP's of the WW world.

He beat Brock Larson and Carlo Prator and they are both pretty jacked. Not sure if that counts?
DevonFoxy
3/24/08 9:04:28AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by imanidiot777

He beat Brock Larson and Carlo Prator and they are both pretty jacked. Not sure if that counts?

It counts but idk i just don't think Condit would fare to well in the stacked WW division at his current state It would be like Mike Swick realizing he wasn't strong enough at MW except a little more extreme.
Kracker_Jap
3/25/08 8:22:42PM

Posted by Styles

ya no chance