3/1/08 6:10:13PM
WEC 34-6/1 in Sacramento, California
Venue: ARCO Arena, Sacramento
Main card airs live on Versus
TV fights:
vs.
WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver for the title

vs.
WEC Bantamweight champion Miguel Torres vs. Yoshiro Maeda for the title (original opponent Manny Tapia is off as of 4/15 due to injury)

vs.
Kenneth Alexander vs. Rob McCullough

vs.
Mark Munoz vs. Chuck Grigsby

Prelims:
vs.
Chase Beebe vs. Will Ribeiro

vs.
Jeff Curran vs. Mike Thomas Brown (Mike Brown)

vs.
Jose Aldo vs. Alexandre Franca Nogueira

vs.
Alex Serdyukov vs. Luis Sapo

vs.
Tim McKenzie vs. Jeremy Lang (McKenzie's original opponent, Eric Schambari, is off due to injury as of 5/22)

vs.
Charlie Valencia vs. Dominick Cruz

vs.
Danny Castillo vs. Donald Cerrone (Cerrone's original opponent, Rich Crunkilton, is off as of 5/25 due to injury)
Kpro
3/2/08 3:30:01AM
Rumor has it Curran is facing both Mike Brown's at the same time.

And if you mix the colors of both of their BJJ belts using paint it becomes one black color.
gartface
3/2/08 4:16:41AM

Posted by Kpro

Rumor has it Curran is facing both Mike Brown's at the same time.

And if you mix the colors of both of their BJJ belts using paint it becomes one black color.

That made my night, hahaha.
ultimateweapon
3/4/08 12:35:47PM
prediction: Faber def Pulver in 1st by submission
pv3Hpv3p
3/4/08 1:51:00PM

Posted by ultimateweapon

prediction: Faber def Pulver in 1st by submission

You're probably right... But I'm still hoping Jens lands a big left and ends it suddenly...
DCRage
4/15/08 6:40:38AM
Unfortunately the card just took a bit of a hit-Manny Tapia, who was to have faced WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres for the title, is now off due to injury (torn ACL). He's expected to be out 3-4 months. No replacement has been named but Yoshiro Maeda has been mentioned, even though he was just announced as facing Damacio Page on the card.
Cladrix
4/15/08 10:50:12AM
Great Night of Fights....... WAR COWBOY CERRONE!!!!!!
DCRage
4/23/08 7:18:36PM
Big update today, WEC has officially announced most if not all the prelim matches for 34:
Jeff Curran vs. Mike Brown (Mike Thomas Brown)
Tim McKenzie (he of the mohawk) vs. Eric Schambri
Jose Aldo vs. Alexandre Franca Nogueira
Alex Serdyukov vs. Luis Sapo
Charlie Valencia vs. Dominick Cruz

Only Faber-Pulver is confirmed as a TV fight, which suggests that the most or all of the 5 other rumored fights so far may air on TV. Rob McCullough is also rumored to be fighting on this card. Still no official word on the status of Miguel Torres defending the WEC Bantamweight Championship.
ToeZup
4/29/08 1:06:54PM
Thanks for the info DC. I'm glad Chase Beebe is now part of the card. Good to see him back in action. The card is stacked I can't wait for the fights.
DCRage
4/30/08 12:32:50PM
The final card has been released by WEC and is in the first post. 11 fights total, at least 4 will air on Versus.

On paper, this looks to be another card that should continue the streak of excellent shows that WEC has been putting together these last several months. And it's on free TV! Hopefully Faber-Pulver will live up to the billing and be the FOTY candidate it sounds like.
DCRage
5/22/08 7:26:37AM
Late change to the card, Eric Schambari is out due to injury. He was to have faced Tim McKenzie. Jeremy Lang is the replacement-Lang is making his WEC debut, coming in with a 12-0 career record.
The_Ho_Bag
5/26/08 1:10:56AM
WAR razor rob= ]
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/1/08 1:25:23PM
Any recent thoughts on those fights? Anyone?
Franklinfan47
6/1/08 1:36:53PM
I'm hoping we can actually see some good mma tonight, I'm excited.

War Faber!
DCRage
6/3/08 7:16:28PM
The rating for the event just came out: 1.4. If that's not the highest rating ever for a program on Versus, it's going to be very close to it. Even better considering it went opposite a WWE PPV.